- York, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Marietta
Posted Date: Mar 25 2020
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop and manage the distribution of warehouse materials and finished products from storage, shipping, and material replenishment to work centers and production lines? If so, this is the role for you.
As Packaging Supervisor, you will help run the business through supervision of packaging line activities in secondary manufacturing operations. This role is a first line leader position responsible for supervision and performance management of the shift personnel, troubleshooting process problems and supervising the operation, ensuring the area adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices, approved process steps, SOPs, quality procedures, safety and environmental standards while operating within the profit plan.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Supervise activities of the associates performing packaging, material handling and cold chain operations.
- Provide performance management, coaching, disciplining, mentoring and skill development opportunities to GSK staff and seasonal contingent work force.
- Ensure robust operations in compliance with the GSK safety procedures and all applicable EHS regulations, standard operating procedures, and industry practices
- Coordinate resources required to complete routine work to meet schedule demand and assigned special projects.
- Promote team work and open communications.
- Ensure appropriate recruitment, selection and ongoing training to support the business needs.
- Drive business improvement through concept and implementation of operational strategies.
- Optimize process and production systems focusing on improved OEE using Industrial Excellence methodologies.
- Develop and implement productivity improvement plans leading to lower cost per dose and higher line output while maintaining EHS standards.
- Function as Pack department process SME.
- Participate in / Lead GMP and Safety audits
- Lead / own investigations for deviations and events, providing consistent compliant approach to assessing failures, recommending and implementing corrective actions.
- Drive for simplification and harmonization across department processes.
- Departmental ownership of SOP and batch record content related to Pack processes.
- Lead the business through
- Decision-making directly impacting financial, product quality and work force safety.
- Identification and resolution of deviations on products and processes.
- Prompt and effective changes directed toward lasting improvements to the operations.
- Partnering with QA and EHS to ensure compliance with all assigned learning plans, technical competencies, documentation practices and procedures as related to the GMP and EHS environments.
- Perform all job responsibilities in compliance with applicable EHS and GMP regulations, guidelines, policies, standard operating procedures, industry practice and Industrial Excellence initiatives.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS or BA in a engineering, science
- 1-2 years pharmaceutical production experience OR Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory/leadership role within a manufacturing environment.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Prior experience and knowledge of cGMP vial and syringe labeling operation and cardboard tray cartoning operations.
- Prior experience working with a Warehouse Management System.
- SAP experience
- Experience with GMP's, NIH and FDA and other regulatory agency requirements, validation principles and quality systems with demonstrated success in application. Stay current on developments in the field and GSK-Bio Standards.
- Ability to establish, maintain and supervise working relationships cross functionally with all members of the value stream including; production, QA, QC, engineering, validation, and maintenance. The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to all levels within the organization as well as the skills to communicate site operations to outside agencies.
- Ability to lead the process to generate the exchange of ideas to resolve problems prioritizes solutions, select optimal solutions and implement decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to function in an atmosphere of constant change with detailed accuracy.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills. The ability to function within team based organization.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to quickly and easily learn new applications.
- Must be able to address complex problems associated with assessing deviations, equipmenet complexities and implementation of change and improvement to valididated and/or FDA approved production systems.
- Must be able to operate independently in a high complex matrix environment on off shift to provide the operational and compliance decision-making to support packaging operations, prioritize and decide appropriate course of actions and to effectively implement decisions.
- Sense of urgency, flexibility and accountability while executing capability and leadership to manage people and field projects teams.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top