PACE Contract Strategy Manager
- Research Triangle Park, NC
Site Name: USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park
Posted Date: Oct 12 2020
Are you energized by a highly visible role within the managed markets environment, that allows you to enhance your leadership skills? If so, this PACE Contract Strategy Manager role could be an ideal opportunity to consider.
As a PACE Contract Strategy Manager, you will be joining a small and agile team that is adept at anticipating or quickly responding to business questions via the development of innovative data-driven methodologies capable of simulating the likely outcomes associated with a range of strategic options.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of innovation, strives to add value by going beyond what is asked for in anticipation of what is needed, and proactively identifies opportunities where data analyses and statistical inference can add insight relevant to core business decisions.
The Manager's responsibilities include the delivery of empirical insights through analytics and advanced modeling techniques to help drive optimal price and contract decisions for key pipeline, launch and in-line brand assets. This position will work with matrix colleagues to provide payer insights and integrate with their processes. The position may also be asked to provide quantitative insight for key pipeline investment decisions, business development, and market & environmental evaluations demonstrating the potential consequences of known or projected population shifts, benefit design changes, new regulations, or other factors influencing the payer landscape.
To be successful, this individual will proactively engage business partners to identify strategic needs, develop analytic plans, generate data, produce summary analyses, and communicate results and tactical insights. Modeling work typically integrates data from multiple sources including historical data, market research, projected trends and expert judgment.
This position also requires strong time management skills and the flexibility to manage numerous projects with shifting priorities as well as adapt to emerging issues without compromising timelines for existing commitments.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Minimum 5 years experience in the field of Health & Life Sciences working with relational databases, summarizing historic trends, and performing other analytics as needed.
- Software experience using SAS and/or SQL queries to pull, clean, explore and statistically evaluate health claims and related market data. Proficient with Excel.
- Experience leading initiatives and/or matrix projects.
- Project work reflects sustained involvement from initiation through completion, including the dissemination of results.
- Degree in a field relevant to applied data science including statistics, economics, operations research, mathematics, or other quantitatively oriented social science.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Able to look creatively at complicated business problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong cross-functional partnerships and proactively identify opportunities to apply quantitative skills to add value.
- Highly effective in communication with both analytic peers and a non-technical business audience.
- Superior presentation skills, with an emphasis on creating compelling data visualizations and tools that intuitively summarize complex statistical analyses.
- Proficient at developing robust predictive models and quantitative simulations using transparent approaches that incorporate autonomous error detection and self-correction.
- Proven ability to derive relevant insights and conclusions from data and provide empirical guidance for strategic decision making.
- Demonstrated proficiency in adapting statistical approaches to reflect available data and evolving customer needs.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including pivot tables, lookups, array functions, and VBA macros.
- Experience managing competing demands of parallel project workstreams with limited resources and time constraints.
- Experience managing and/or partnering with external vendors or outside consultants on analytical projects.
- Experienced SAS programmer familiar with Viya and Visual Analytics.
- Direct experience with pharmaceutical industry, payer insurance, and/or market research.
- Advanced degree in a field relevant to applied data science.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top