Operations Process Specialist (1st Shift)
- Lincoln, NE
Site Name: USA - Nebraska - Lincoln
Posted Date: May 13 2020
US work authorization is required for this role. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
As Operations Process Specialist, you will serve as a process expert for the Operations department; to seek out and identify process improvement issues which may include safety and/or product quality items. Position will drive and complete improvements for the responsible areas.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Investigate and resolve production problems. Determine root causes of failures using problem solving and statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods. Investigate or resolve operational problems such as events, deviations and process investigations.
- Update Master Batch Records and Operations' Standard Operating Procedures in collaboration with Quality and Technical departments.
- Provide technical process support and expertise for the scale up and/or transfer in of new products and/or process changes due to materials, equipment, or other environmental factors.
- Troubleshoot new and existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Owns and implements CAPAs and change controls.
- Leads quality, safety and efficiency improvement projects.
- Ownership of quality self-inspection process including development of universe, establishing self-inspection schedule, enlisting and training resources to conduct self-inspections, complete inspection reports and related corrective/preventative actions.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost effectiveness. Participate in site-wide priorities and lean initiatives.
- Support experiments and trial production batches for material changes (packaging components, APIs, and excipients).
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to process performance.
- Conduct regular compliance audits of responsible area
- Effectively drive improvements in the areas of yield, downtime and deviations.
- Effectively contribute to the successful achievement of safety, quality and production goals and metrics through excellent technical process support and problem solving.
- Consistently demonstrate successful project management as measured in terms of scope, schedule and cost attainment and effective coordination and communications with stakeholders.
- Consistently demonstrate subject matter expertise on the unique characteristics of the assigned processes.
- Individual contributions and leadership in the deployment and integration of lean manufacturing principles and tools
- EHS Responsibilities.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Science / Business Management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing / packaging roles in consumer health / pharmaceutical / bio tech industries.
- Minimum two years of experience in a lead operator role.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Demonstrated career progression into roles of increasing skill and responsibility.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top