Oncology Project Director
Are you looking to expand your expertise in project management and be a part of bringing exciting Oncology assets to market? If so, this Oncology Project Management Director role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As an Oncology Project Director, you will be responsible for the integration of strategy into the global development plan and provide operational leadership to the drug development team by working with functional and therapeutic area partners and team representatives to deliver robust, fit for purpose plans. Additionally, you will monitor and control the execution of the plans through their lifecycle while identifying and communicating issues and risks and developing mitigation plans.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Accountable to and works with the Project Leader (and Project Team) to translate the strategy into a robust, competitive development plan of key cross-functional program related activities and milestones with clear go/no go decision points and associated milestones including critical path and sub-functional plans
- Defines opportunities for acceleration and manages the assumptions regarding human resources, costs, risk, schedule required to accomplish certain gains in time to next milestone
- Proactively identifies and escalates business issues and considers options to manage implications and risks on project timelines, budgets and goals.
- Monitors progress against approved project plans noting deviations and suggesting corrective actions
- Integrates activities with all functional lines to create alignment of program development plans with functional area plans
- Ensures source systems reflect the current project plan assumptions to enable integrated planning across the organization and tracks performance against baseline and current plan
Assists in preparing strategic scenario analyses to achieve time or resource advantages
Leads preparation of documents including detailed reports, timelines, and slide decks for key governance meetings including meetings to decide on milestones and decision points
- Identifies and manages project resource requirements and anticipated variability (people, time, cost, risk) and works with Project Leader to ensure estimates are accurate, gaps are addressed, and progress tracked.
Designs and develops schedule and views, and adheres to business rules
- Utilizes effective communication skills to facilitate appropriate information exchange between Functional Lines, Development Program Leader, Core Teams and senior management
- Ensures project information is quickly communicated to the appropriate stakeholders, in an agreed medium, sequence and in compliance with approved standards
- Participates in process improvement initiatives and brings in external perspective and industry standard practices
- Performs project data analyses and reporting, as needed
- Conduct periodic health checks to ensure quality of project planning and control.
- Continuously enhances personal understanding and application of program management tools and methodologies in the pharmaceutical industry and other industries
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 10 years pharmaceutical R&D or related industry experience
- Direct experience in biopharmaceutical Program Planning
- Oncology drug development project management experience
- Strong experience with Planisware and/or MSProject
- Basic knowledge of multi-disciplinary biopharmaceutical drug development
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced Degree, preferably in sciences or Business Administration
PMP certification a plus
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top