Oncology Medical Science Liaison (Solid Tumor) W. PA, OH, WV, Upstate NY
- Pittsburgh, PA
Site Name: USA - Ohio - Columbus, USA - Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh
Posted Date: Jan 12 2021
Are you an experience Oncology Medical Science Liaison, looking to be part of an innovative, dynamic and growing organization? GSK's MSL team is looking for an Oncology Medical Science Liaison to disseminate important safety information to the healthcare profession within a defined geographical business area. This includes the support of clinical development activities and programs including GSK and Investigator sponsored studies as well as collaborating with R&D staff to improve site performance. Provide general insight into GSK research interests and field inquiries regarding investigator sponsored scientific or clinical research projects.
Being part of Oncology at GSK is being part of something special. The focus of the organization couldn't be clearer - we are fueled by a personal passion to give our customers patients MORE. More of ourselves, more to fight for and more moments that matter!
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Work with medical colleagues and other business partners to identify External Experts, professional groups, decision makers and other key stakeholders in the assigned therapy area (Oncology).
- Respond compliantly to unsolicited information requests from healthcare professionals and associated individuals regarding licensed or un-licensed GSK medicines and indications; ensure all medical information responses are factual, fair and balanced, scientifically rigorous and strictly comply with GSK standards and policies and with local codes of practice, guidelines and laws to ensure the strictest requirements are met.
- Deliver Non-Promotional Scientific Discussions (NPSD) for a GSK medicine that is on label or consistent with the label to inform and educate HCPs on the appropriate use of our medicines in patients. Deliver scientific / pipeline presentations to formulary committees and HCPs per documented unsolicited request
- Maintain expertise in the evolving scientific / therapeutic area and in competitor medicines and vaccines.
- Attend and contribute (if required) to medical portion of regional account planning/training sessions
- Attend both national and regional scientific/medical meetings to gain medical voice of the customer on recent data being presented on products and disease states of interest to GSK
- Conduct individual discussions and meetings with steering committee members, advisory board members, consultants etc., on topics related to the work being conducted with GSK (e.g. for clinical research investigators, the conduct or publication of clinical research sponsored by GSK)
- Provide scientific training for GSK sales representatives regarding GSK products and the conditions they treat utilizing approved Sales Training materials. Provide training to individual HCPs to prepare them to speak on behalf of GSK and assist with GSK-sponsored speaker training events. Why you?
- Pharm. D or Ph. D, DNP, or MD (with a medical or clinical focus)
- Possesses solid knowledge of pharmacology and pharmacotherapy in humans and has experience practically applying this knowledge in a clinical setting.
- Experience presentingin both one-on-one and group settings
- Must live within territory specified
- Two years of experience and success in oncology within an MSL organization
- Residency or Post-Doctoral training in a clinical/pharmaceutical practice setting
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top