Oncology Medical Head, China
- Shanghai, China
Site Name: China - Shanghai - HuangPu District - The Headquarters Building
Posted Date: Jun 2 2020
The Oncology medical head role is a senior leadership role within the Medical division that leads Oncology Medical affairs.
The role will be responsible for forming a new Oncology Medical affairs group, including recruitment of oncology medical experts and MSLs and, developing and leading GSK China's short, medium and long-term medical oncology Medical strategies for GSK's oncology pipeline.
The incumbent will be required to work closely with the Global oncology franchise and China Development and to ensure that the oncology medical team have the highest quality capabilities and expertise.
The effective development and implementation of the medical strategies contributes to the overall enterprise plan to ensure the optimal launch of new products and appropriate optimal patient use of currently available GSK Medicines through:
- Excellence in Medical Engagement with key oncology external experts
- Ensuring insights are gathered and analysed in a timely manner, with robust communication and action plans with relevant stakeholders
- Robust integrated evidence planning in close collaboration with development and Health outcomes partners
- Collaboration and cross-functional working with Commercial Leadership Team Partners (marketing, sales, reimbursement), China Regulatory and Development, and global partners
- Accountable for the development, implementation and monitoring of the therapy aligned Oncology Medical Affairs strategic plans which includes the development of focused External Engagement Plans across China
- Alignment with Global Medical and cross-functionally within Local Operating Company (LOC) matrix
- LOC Strategic and tactical plans for pre-launch, launch, post launch (including Medical and Value Evidence Outcomes (VEO) plan)
- LOC External Engagement and Patient Engagement strategy
- LOC ISS Strategy
- LOC Compassionate use strategy
- Serves in the extended global medical affairs oncology leadership team and represents China to ensure inclusion of Chinese data requirements in global plans for oncology portfolio.
- Collaborates and works cross-functionally with Commercial Leadership Team Partners (marketing, sales, reimbursement) to identify external expert and patient needs, and develop innovative strategies and solutions that contribute to the optimal launch of new products and appropriate optimal patient use of already launched GSK medicines.
- Collaborates with Clinical Development teams and the Global Franchise to ensure clinical trial plans (including feasibility, site initiation and recruitment), evidence planning, data generation are consistent and aligned to optimize brand strategies.
- Oversees development of GSK supported and investigator sponsored studies
- Participate as a senior leader within the China Medical Leadership Team
- Provide leadership in establishment and working of Medical Therapeutic Matrix teams to ensure optimal transference of knowledge and skills amongst medical division
- Embed strategic mindset as well as a value creation culture and process at medical affairs organization
- Contribute a robust knowledge of disease area, governance and GSK policies - identifying and assisting in management of issues regarding compliance with governance and risk management practices
- Develop a China area Talent Acquisition strategy in line with business priorities and the global plan.
- Manage and develop a high performing Talent Acquisition team and associated budgets.
- Build and develop a diverse, high performing team by attracting and retaining the best medical talent, establishing and communicating high standards, establishing and implementing development plans, serving as role model in providing feedback and coaching
- Proactively lead medical team and be accountable for driving performance and behaviours like
- Develop individual objectives/metrics
- Conduct annual and mid-term performance reviews with associated development plan for each team member
- Ensures appropriate translation of disease area and product medical education objectives and EE needs into specific quarterly activity plans
- Analyse performance measurement metrics of the medical team
- Join Medical Team on visits for coaching
- Develop and coordinate/support execution of training for medical team (disease and functional skills).
- Actively promote a culture of performance, innovation, constructive challenge, team spirit and accountability within the Medical Department based on ensuring the wellbeing of patients
- Medical doctor (physician) or scientist (e.g. PhD, pharmacist or biologist) degree with extensive experience in a specific Disease Area and with a broad medical/scientific background; Medical Oncologist preferred
- Around 10 years in related field/function with progressively senior positions e.g. leading a function/large group of people
- Strong medical affairs experience in the field of oncology/haematology, spanning clinical development and medical affairs, with product launch experience.
- Solid knowledge of drug development, safety, regulatory/ market access and reimbursement requirements in China
- Extensive experience working in cross-functional and Alliance teams
- Extensive experience in developing medical plans aligned with overall disease & product objectives
- Line and/or matrix management experience including demonstrated ability to build a team and develop a high performing organization (inclusive coaching and mentoring)
- Experience in managing and supporting clinical trials across different phases of development and resolving clinical trial and ISR related issues
- Strong track record in effectively managing risk and compliance
- Building strong relationships with External Experts within CDA
- Experience in developing, reporting and analyzing medical metrics
- Effective communicator, influencer, negotiator
- Understanding and history of talent development
- Proven ability to work in a matrix environment
- Strong organizational, planning, and business acumen skills
- Proven ability to interpret customer needs
- Resilient, adaptable with the ability to work with new technology in the digital space
Business acumen and strategic capability: Demonstrated strategic and innovative thinking, including the ability to derive knowledge from data; assess impact and convert thoughts/ideas into strategic direction. S/he must have the ability to develop and facilitate a common vision for the Department and also be able to develop strategies that proactively drive value-added delivery of medical information, safety data and technical support. Additionally, the Director has a track record of contributing to the development of strategic plans and a reputation for productively challenging others to consider other courses of action.
Proven leadership skills: Experienced at managing, developing and motivating a team to deliver results in a timely manner. He/she is skilled at hiring, assessing and developing individuals with a track record of improving performance. Reputation for leading with high integrity and strong ethics.
A collaborative and team-oriented style: Collaborative, team-oriented approach. Effective at developing and supporting relationships broadly across an organization as well as with key external stakeholders and the healthcare community at large. Experience being an active contributor to cross-functional teams and/or working in highly matrixed organizations will be essential. He/she must also demonstrate flexibility to adapt to changing demands.
Results orientation: Demonstrated strong process and planning skills to secure complex mandates and a track record of delivering results on time and within budget to satisfy multi-stakeholder expectations while acting with integrity and professionalism. He/she should demonstrate a strong work ethic and commitment to taking accountability and ownership for their area of responsibility.
Customer focus and strength in relationship management: Track record of successfully establishing credibility in a new environment, identifying, assessing and understanding the needs of key decision makers and stakeholders and building effective relationships in a matrixed environment. He/she must be proactive in initiating dialogue with others and must demonstrate a capability to influence and persuade others over whom they have no formal authority.
Leadership and strength in people management: Track record in leading an organization to achieve improved levels of performance and the ability to communicate a compelling vision, which will generate enthusiasm and commitment for the organization. He/she must be experienced in setting high performance standards and measures, driving accountability throughout the function and mentoring staff
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
GSK招聘团队只会使用 @gsk.com 后缀的邮箱与您联系。若您收到任何声称来自GSK邀请您面试或请您提供任何个人信息的邮件，我们建议您留意发件人的邮箱地址，并谨慎回复。若您不确定您所收到的邮件是否来自GSK，请您通过chk.email@example.com联系我们。
Back to top