Oncology Global Study Delivery Lead - multiple positions available
- Collegeville, PA
GSK continues to expand its oncology organization, and we are looking for experienced professionals to help us rebuild and grow our internal expertise! We have an exciting (and expanding) portfolio, and are looking for Clinical Operations Leaders who have experience leading global oncology studies. It's a wonderful time to join our team because have multiple open positions in the areas of immuno-oncology, cell/gene therapy, epigenetics and synthetic lethality. Apply to learn more!
This position within Global Clinical and Study Delivery (GCSD) is accountable for planning and leading the delivery of oncology studies to time, quality, budget, company standards and scientific requirements as outlined in the clinical study proposal.
- Accountable for coordination of a fully feasible Study Protocol, Informed Consent Forms, Study Procedures Manuals and Clinical Study Reports.
- Accountable for the study delivery strategy (e.g. country selection, diversity, patient engagement strategy, recruitment plan, etc)
- Drive assessment, selection, engagement, and management of appropriate vendors.
- Ensure compliance with ICH/GCP guidelines, all applicable laws and regulations, and GSK SOPs, for all products and services delivered for their designated studies.
- Make decisions which balance risk/benefit with clear understanding of impact on the study and project; takes action to mitigate risk where appropriate.
- Work with matrix partners, asset lead and/or manager to develop and manage study level budget within project budget allocation.
- Actively partner to build relationships and collaborate with oncology aligned staff in other global functions.
- Encourage others within matrix and line teams to seek alternative perspectives and develop solutions.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related discipline
- 6 years' experience pharmaceutical industry or CRO environment in the clinical development process
- Global oncology clinical operations leadership experience
- Experience in study management, global regulatory guidelines and ICH/GCP
- Experience in developing and writing study protocols, study procedures manuals, informed consent forms and clinical study reports.
- Experience working with investigators, external experts, Contract Research Organizations and vendors
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Excellent leadership skills
- Advanced degree (e.g. MS, PhD, PharmD)
- Clinical development experience across all phases of development (I-IV).
- Highly developed communication skills appropriate to the target audience, promoting effective decision-making where necessary
- Proven expertise in the proactive identification of issues which may impact clinical programs coupled with the ability to contribute to solutions affecting cross-functional matrix teams.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgment to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
To learn more about oncology at GSK, watch this video:
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top