Oncology Care Team Lead Medical - West CA (LA, San Diego, San Fran, Seattle)
Site Name: Field Worker - USA
Posted Date: Oct 28 2019
Are you energized by building advocacy for a therapeutic strategy through leadership, education and development of partnerships with key External Experts and Professional Bodies? If so, this Oncology Care Team Medical Lead role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
The Medical Oncology Care Team Lead will be the primary Medical point of coordination for GSK Oncology with large Oncology group practices, academic centers and regional integrated delivery networks that have a focus on Oncology and Hematology. This is a critical role in establishing GSK as a leader in Oncology and our commitment to supporting the efforts to improve oncology care and have a positive impact on the lives of patients.Working closely with Medical Science and Health Outcome Liaison Leadership, Medical, MMGA and Field Sales, this role will be responsible for ensuring internal GSK stakeholders are aligned and accessible for education and partnership with targeted accounts in assigned geography.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Serves as the primary Medical GSK Oncology interface with higher level decision-makers in large Oncology group practices, academic centers and regional integrated delivery networks that have a focus on Oncology and Hematology. with responsibility for the overall customer experience within these accounts
- Serves as primary point of coordination and interface between GSK Medical field and Medical/R&D in-house stakeholders to streamline communication and execution
- Establishes relationships and maintains an effective communication network with the customer at multiple levels, including corporate personnel, medical directors in charge of provider networks, research director, quality directors, service line leaders, pharmacy directors and financial directors.
- Develop and execute a Scientific Account Plan for each priority account: gain and maintain a high level of understanding of customer population-management strategies, research priorities, challenges, and evidence needs; identify opportunities for medical engagement and outline account-specific strategic goals.
- Identifies relevant GSK Oncology resources and opportunities that are aligned to the customer's needs.
- Facilitates partnership discussions with key R&D, Medical, Health Outcomes and other teams internal to GSK; maintains knowledge of GSK pipeline and developmental research programs and how they align with customer capabilities and priorities
- Coordinates with Medical Science Liaison, Health Outcomes Liaison, and Medical Expert roles to meet scientific and health outcomes needs of key decision makers and stakeholders at the executive and implementation level within oncology accounts.
- Collects medical Voice of the Customer (mVOC) feedback from key accounts on GSK products, studies, or research plans in a manner consistent with GSK Principles for Scientific Engagement and the US Medical AffairsPractice Policy.
- Conducts internal business strategy discussions and reviews routinely with key cross-functional HQ and field employees to ensure understanding of the customer's business strategy and appropriately support it at all levels.
- Maintains knowledge of oncology standards of care and emerging clinical trends, relevant diagnostics, and genetic testing advances; Understands Oncology specific quality initiatives
- Develops higher-level decision maker relationships- leveraging MSL and HOLs as appropriate
- Account interactions include, but are not limited to, Oncology "c-suite" executives, Oncology research teams, Oncology service line leaders and decision makers within large Oncology group practices, integrated delivery networks, Oncology institutions, Oncology physicians' groups, and other Oncology key stakeholders who directly impact clinical practice.
- Works cross functionally to set vision, objectives, strategies and plan for Medical Oncology account team members, focused on mutual goals of addressing customer's aligned needs, achieving business objectives, and improving patient health outcomes.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- MS or MPH
- 5-7 years of pharmaceutical experience required (medical, R&D, health outcomes)
- 3-5 years working with US Payer or Institutional customers in a field-based medical role - preferably national or large payers and/or health systems
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Pharm D, PhD, M.P.H., M.S. or equivalent education
- 3+ yearsof recent and relevant oncology experience preferred but not required
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top