Occupational Health Nurse
- Lausanne, Switzerland
Site Name: Switzerland - Nyon
Posted Date: Nov 27 2020
ROLE : 9 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT
To provide Occupational Health expertise to support GSK Nyon EHS management system implementation, country EHS strategy deployment, risk mitigation programmes and develop EHS culture and capabilities under compliance of EHS GSK standards and Swiss EHS regulations.
To support and deploy key EHS programs related to:
- Workplace risk assessment, risk mitigation and continuous improvement
- Incident investigation
- Communication and training
- Operational controls
- Performance monitoring
To lead and deploy key EHS programs related to:
- Occupational Health: health surveillance, health prevention/wellbeing, work related, medical consultations, care management, health emergencies and reporting
- Ergonomic improvement plan
- Other disciplines assigned through the Duty Holder framework
Occupational Health (OH):
- Define and deploy of effective OH governance system assuring compliance with EHS GSK stds, regulatory requirements and aligned with strategy in collaboration with the OH Physician, EHS and HR.
- Assure OH risks are correctly managed.
- Execute OH risk assessments for adequate for the process, proposing alternatives to allow people reincorporation to work, work adaptations, sensitive population (restrictions, pregnancy, after accidents/sickness) integration and support/lead/monitor mitigation plans implementation.
- Design and lead OH improvement plan for short and medium term in collaboration with OH physician, EHS, HR and leaders, searching opportunities externally (benchmark and internally.
- Deliver health prevention programmes, health consultations, health surveillance and health emergency response
- Manage health surveillance planning
- Perform health surveillance activities relevant to the nurse (blood extraction, hearing/vision test, ECG, etc), working in partnership with the OH physician to maximise the resources and service delivered.
- Lead health emergency response: coordinate the first aiders interventions, lead first aiders, providing training and support, assuring resources are available and leading emergency interventions when required.
- Collaborate in Industrial Hygiene (IH) Program implementation, providing Health support and integrating in the occupational health management to assure effectiveness of the risk assessment and controls for IH
- Lead Ergonomics (Ergo) Program implementation.
First aiders coordinator
- Occupational health
Other members of EHS team when needed
Why you ?
- Occupational Health Nurse degree / Swiss registered
- Degree, certificate or postgraduate in OH and or public health
- Occupational health degree in addition to Nurse degree
- First aid trainer certificate
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top