NPD Brand Director, VMS
- Shanghai, China
Site Name: China - Shanghai - HuangPu District - The Headquarters Building
Posted Date: Mar 6 2020
Are you looking for an opportunity to be a leader and catalyst for elevating the insights analytics function to enable delivery of a mission? If so, this is the role for you.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- China NPD Brand Lead is critical in the development of innovation strategy and determination of appropriate projects in pipeline for local star and drive for profit brands. China NPD BL is also responsible for:
1. the oversight of technical POC of innovation ideas,
2. the oversight of development of a robust formulation/product, and
3. the delivery of all development and scale up activities to product launch.
This group is often the driving force behind innovation strategy and pipeline：
• Leads the development of innovation strategy and drive the decision for appropriate innovation pipeline for China local star and drive for profit brands
• R&D leadership of Innovation projects in cross functional project team to ensure development, registration and optimal commercialization.
Business partner with commercial BL and Supply Chain
• Lead the delivery of innovation strategy and pipeline through close partnership with commercial and translation of commercial strategy into R&D technical strategy.
• Drives decisions on the right projects with appropriate business case and supports commercial with innovative solutions to fulfil pipeline and innovation needs
• Ensures projects are on schedule and oversight on overall health of portfolio
• Organize non-project innovation activities
• Drives issue and resource resolution for projects
• Provide overall R&D leadership in cross functional team to identify opportunities for faster and more effective execution
• Leadership, training, coaching, mentoring, professional development and performance of Development associates
• Within project teams - provide coaching, resolve conflicts, provide performance input and feedback to team members
Consumer and Customer-Obsessed
• Develops R&D portfolio and pipeline strategy against consumer and customer needs.
• Participate and contribute to the China local Star and Drive for Profit Brand commercial innovation strategy
• Provide initial assessment of new product concepts including technical resources, risk mitigation plans, contingencies and budget needed to complete development
• Maximizes value - cost efficiencies, contingency/mitigation planning, risk assessments, and any potential IP generation
• Provides status updates and drives resolution of key issues and risks. Escalates any unresolved issues to the relevant function lead
• Ensures available resources are allocated and approved through Portfolio Management Board
• Ensures faster decision for projects and foster culture of calculated risk taking
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BSC, MSC in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Biochemistry or Nutritional Sciences
- Significant experience in leading the development of new products within the areas such as: Health Food, Functional Health Food, OTC, Food for commercialization in global markets.
- Significant experience of partnering with Regulatory and Medical on the requirements for product delivery in the area of specialization
- Experience in product development with a strong understanding of what is required to deliver a product to the market place
- Good understanding of manufacturing sites and the requirements to maintain a product on the market through lifecycle management.
- Experience of working in highly complex matrix organization
- Proven ability to solve complex technical and operational problems in a timely manner.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
GSK招聘团队只会使用 @gsk.com 后缀的邮箱与您联系。若您收到任何声称来自GSK邀请您面试或请您提供任何个人信息的邮件，我们建议您留意发件人的邮箱地址，并谨慎回复。若您不确定您所收到的邮件是否来自GSK，请您通过chk.email@example.com联系我们。
Back to top