Site Name: Hsinchu
Posted Date: Jan 29 2021
Are you energized by a highly technical packaging operations role that allows you to enhance your leadership skills in a state-of-the-art manufacturing environment? If so, this Packaging Design Manager role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As a Packaging Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the effective management of a team of technicians and other staff to deliver the site's Global Digital Services (GDS) packaging schedule.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
• Leadership and management of a team to ensure the on-time provision of high quality clinical supplies (phases I-IV, collaborative studies and compassionate requests).
• Collaborate with Pre-Clinical Quality Assurance (PCQA) and Employee Health & Safety (EHS) to maintain and improve standards of regulatory and safety compliance within the team.
• Ensure prompt resolution of complaints and deviations identifying and implementing corrective and preventative actions, keeping Manager informed.
• Effectively manage resource to ensure optimal use of available facilities and resources; to include workload management; review of actual outputs and performance.
• Lead, Root Cause and write up Quality Deviations relating to packaging operations.
• Host internal and external audits of the Packaging Operation.
• Lead and manage process improvement activities and contribute to global process improvement teams.
• Contribute to the setting of metrics and performance targets, ensuring performance targets are met.
• Ensure adequate succession planning is undertaken to protect business critical activities.
• Maintain an up to date awareness of changes within the Clinical, Clinical Supplies and Product Development business areas.
• Progress other initiatives/projects/responsibilities as required; lead cross-functional teams to develop new processes.
• Operate cross-functionally within the Site Packaging Operations Leadership Teams, supporting as required and maintaining network with the sister R&D sister sites.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Associate degree
- Experience in packaging development in a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) environment
- Experience with Clinical Supply requirements and relevant Good Clinical Practices (GCP) regulations
- Project and team management experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Bachelor's degree
- Effective communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple/complex issues simultaneously
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.