New Product Innovation (NPI) Leader - Wellness
- Shanghai, China
Site Name: China - Shanghai - HuangPu District - The Headquarters Building
Posted Date: Mar 2 2020
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
The job purpose of the NPI leader is to lead and manage all supply chain related actives to deliver the innovation pipeline. The job holder will work with Commercial, R&D, and manufacturing sites (including 3rd party manufacturers) in a matrix team and will be the main point of accountability in the supply chain for product innovation. This new role will help lead the formation of Wellness innovation hub in China (must-win market) to accelerate the pace of quality innovation for China, with a potential to expand successfully...globally.
Responsible for generating a robust supply plan for new product introduction and ensuring the supply chain is ready for manufacturing. Key focus will be on product sourcing decisions (internal & external), manufacturing strategy, cost of goods, capital investment, and risk management.
A key business partner to represent the supply chain in cross-functional Joint Planning Sessions to generate milestones for new product launches and provide progress updates against key deliverables at core team meetings.
To champion Quality by Design (QbD) and Design to Value (DtV) in the development of robust and cost effective formulations and processes and work with R&D on tech transfer of new products, processes, and testing methodology meeting the required standards of quality and process capability.
The NPI Leader will be responsible for the manufacturing sections of the Product Innovation Brief and the Design Intent Document. The NPI Leader also needs to ensure that technical and business requirements, particularly around defining performance characteristics, criteria for acceptance, cost, and risks are properly captured in order to make go/no go decisions for product launch.
The NPI Leader is expected work with the Portfolio Optimization manager and Value Engineering managers on product life cycle management. This will include: support of detailed analysis of the product portfolio, review of cost saving opportunities, make recommendations to the PMB (and other governance bodies) for portfolio simplification and value engineering initiatives.
- Ensure timely launch of new product in accordance with the Product Innovation Briefs (IB) and Design Intent Documents (DID) for the assigned portfolio of products.
- Lead appropriately skilled and capable functional and cross-functional NPI teams to co-ordinate and manage product supply plans.
- Supply chain business partner in the project core team monitoring milestone progress against the plan and communicating achievements or deviations in core team meetings and gate and change control information for governance forums such as PMB
- Create the supply chain granular plan and have full accountability for its successful implementation to ensure that the supply chain e2e milestones are met to secure the on-time and quality launch of new products.
- Work with Network Strategy and category CMO leads on technology assessments and sourcing evaluations and generate the Product Lifecycle Supply Brief's or RFIs for internal and external supply options
- Work with Quality and Procurement to ensure all new material suppliers and third-party contractors are approved for supply.
- Provide Technical support to key acquisitions as part of due diligence on assigned projects and have an ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with external partners and experience of how to maximise the performance of external partners
- Ensures appropriate targets are set within the Innovation Brief to deliver gross margins of product ideally in excess of 70%.
- Work with Procurement to ensure maximum leverage is applied to purchasing raw material, components and equipment.
- Ensure capital investment is timely and accurately identified, secured, and implemented in accordance with agreed budgets.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Extensive technical experience in Consumer Healthcare or Fast-Moving Consumer Goods Industry and specific knowledge in supply chain operations and product development processes
- 5-10 years' experience having worked in multi-functional teams in manufacturing sites on project delivery (such as manufacturing excellence, NPI, Quality improvement projects, capital projects)
- Experience of QbD, DtV by having participated in projects or preferably led projects or sub projects in multi functional teams on NPI, Quality improvement, or second generation development
- Experience of managing and engaging stakeholders, sharing and gaining agreements to proposals, through project leadership.
- A thorough understanding and innate capability of effective project management including elements of task scheduling, master scheduling, Task conflict management and mitigation and elements of people leadership through experience as a project leader and or supervisory management
- A thorough understanding and capability of motivation of people and teams through experience as a project leader and or supervisory management in situations where there is no formal reporting lines and influencing skills are paramount.
- Experience of supplier performance and relationship management across complex supply chains
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- An advanced degree or qualification e.g. MSc, MBA or post graduate diploma
- Specialist technical areas or project management or business studies
- The ability to prioritize and work with multiple projects and tasks concurrently
- Ability to deal with complexity and stakeholder management involving Commercial, R&D and Supply Chain.
- Knowledge of GMP & Regulatory requirements, Financial P+L's and business case architecture, Logistics and EHS.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities suitable for handling the highly complex issues associated with technical and supply problems
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, particularly in the areas of directing, guiding and influencing others to establish plans and deliver goals to project deadlines.
- Ability to challenge existing practices and to introduce new ideas and change ways of working based on sound technical knowledge of NPI activities.
- Excellent project and process management skills gained within a complex matrix organization
- Drive to ensure product robustness through understanding and application of fundamental
- scientific principles
- Risk analysis tools and techniques e.g. force field analysis, FMEA, HAZOP/HACCP
- Option analysis e.g. Kempner Tregoe / Quality Function deployment/ House of Quality/ Conjoint analysis etc.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
GSK招聘团队只会使用 @gsk.com 后缀的邮箱与您联系。若您收到任何声称来自GSK邀请您面试或请您提供任何个人信息的邮件，我们建议您留意发件人的邮箱地址，并谨慎回复。若您不确定您所收到的邮件是否来自GSK，请您通过chk.firstname.lastname@example.org联系我们。
Back to top