Network Security Specialist
- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: USA - Massachusetts - Waltham, USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence, USA - Texas - Richardson, UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage
Posted Date: Aug 18 2020
This role is an exciting opportunity within GSK Tech Security & Risk (TSR) organisation who provide services and expertise to enable a risk based, compliant, efficient, secure and value driven Technology Delivery. As GSK continues its digital transformation, the security of platforms for infrastructure, data and applications must be elevated to utilize the latest and most effective capabilities available. The successful candidate will have strong technical & consultative skills as well as relevant experience in IT Security Architecture & Engineering. The successful candidate will be required to collaborate with technologists within GSK and other business entities.
This role will report to the Director of App & Infrastructure within the Architecture team of the Security & Risk Organisation. The Network Security Specialist will lead on developing the network security architecture and strategy. The candidate will support the GSK cyber security program team, as a technical leader architecting modern network paradigms including Software-Defined Networking, Zero-trust networking, Micro segmentation, Network Access Control, network security and monitoring solutions and secure remote access. The candidate will act as an interface with technical experts in the Platforms, Consumer, Pharma, Vaccines Technology teams as they build out internal & external capabilities on behalf of GSK and our customers. The candidate must be capable of understanding the threats to our platforms from internal and external sources, be able to direct and coach team members on mitigation solutions. The candidate will ensure processes and technology align with the Tech Transformation Strategy within GSK and it complement the other functions within TSR. The candidate must ensure the deployment and operational security requirements are modern and scalable, align with the vision of the GSK Chief Digital Officer and Chief Information Security Officer.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Closely collaborate with the Tech Security & Risk peers and the wider Tech organisation within GSK to identify key business drivers, risks and security capability requirements
- Develop GSK's network security architecture and strategy, fit for purpose for a large pharmaceutical with a global footprint
- Present the architecture and strategy to stakeholders across the Tech organisation to get buy-in for the vision and roadmap
- Provide input and direction for technology decisions and investments related to the strategy
- Closely collaborate Tech Security & Risk peers and the wider Tech organisation within GSK to incrementally deliver against the strategy
- Support Tech Security & Risk peers in delivery of their own security strategies
- Support the wider Tech organisation to enable them to deliver their network related initiatives in a secure manner
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Experience architecting and deploying networks and network security solutions in large enterprise organisations
- Experience of modern network paradigms/technologies including: Software-Defined Networking, zero-trust networking, micro-segmentation, network access control, network security monitoring and secure remote access
- Experience with building solutions on cloud platforms (Azure, GCP and AWS)
- Experience in maintaining and enhancing security standards to align to industry best practice in relation to emerging technologies
- Experience with Architecture frameworks such as SABSA, TOGAF etc.
- 7-10 years experience in Information Security
- 10+ years experience in Information Technology
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- CISSP/ISSAP or other industry network, security and cloud certifications desirable
- Proven experience working and influencing cross functionally
- Pragmatic and focused on delivering value to the business
- Strong and clear communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to engage with leadership teams
- Highly self-motivated, directed, and can work independently without supervision
- Prepared to work at a low level of detail where necessary
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email email@example.com
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top