Site Name: GSK House, USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Apr 1 2019
As an Experienced member of the Operations Team, this engineer will perform the necessary support to our internal customers, project teams, and design teams. This will include the implementation of approved designs, design review/consultations, and most importantly support the daily operational tasks for the Enterprise DNS, DHCP, and IPAM environment. This includes complex DDI moves, adds and changes as well as the Incident Management process by providing technical expertise during DDI related incidents.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Provide advanced technical support during business hours and non-business hours on a rotating on-call basis.
- Resolve highly complex or critical incidents involving multiple enterprise services, lead and/or engage in Service Restoration and Root Cause Analysis Activities as required and
- Identify opportunities for internal process enhancement
- Monitoring of ticket queues and implementation of Business as Usual (BaU) customer requests
- Provide support to users of Infoblox DDI Services including IPAM reservations, domain registrations, DHCP scope configurations, DNS record maintenance, and other related duties.
- Create, maintain and update documentation on all DDI processes and procedures.
- Work with vendors and internal support teams to update, maintain, and patch all DDI systems infrastructure.
- Provide account and platform specific training to team members
- Identify opportunities for automating repetitive tasks
- Serve as a DDI solutions subject matter expert to internal and external customers.
- Must have extensive knowledge of all record types - A, AAAA, CNAME, CAA, NS, MX, SOA, PTR, SPF, SRV, TXT, DK/DKIM, etc.
- Support and lead various DDI projects that include but are not limited to systems consolidation, process improvement, data integration, and security and vulnerability management.
- Provide Expert level enterprise DNS/DHCP and IPAM architecture, management, and support capabilities.
- Must be able to adhere to strict change control policies.
- TCP/IP based networking (addressing, routing, understanding of OSI model).
- Packet capture and protocol analysis (TCP, UDP, ICMP, packet dissection).
- DNS, DHCP, & IPAM (DDI) protocols and security.
- Provides operational support for production F5 Network infrastructure: Local Traffic Manager (LTM), Global Traffic Manager (GTM).
- Ability to function well in an environment of multiple high priorities and implementation requirements.
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships will working in a virtual environment.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP Certification a plus
- Experience/knowledge of Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and IP Address Management (IPAM).
- Experience/knowledge of Infoblox DDI platform.
- Experience/understanding of TCP/IP Networking including OSI Model.
- Experience/knowledge with diagnosing Complex DDI and network problems using Wireshark, and other approved diagnostic tools.
- Experience/knowledge of network performance, hardware and software.
- Experience/knowledge of security issues and implications to network solutions.
- Experience/knowledge of deploying and Supporting Anycast DNS.
- Knowledge of network dynamic routing protocols: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP).
- Experience with Cisco Systems Products (routers and switches).
- Experience with Window's DNS Services Platforms.
- Experience with F5 Networks BigIP DNS (GTM).
- Experience with F5 Networks LTM.
- Must have Strong verbal & written communication skills. Communications are complete & understandable to target audience. Demonstrates effective listening skills.
- Works independently with only general direction; appropriately keeps management informed of relevant issues.
Why GSK? Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top