- Shanghai, China
Site Name: China - Shanghai - HuangPu District - The Headquarters Building
Posted Date: Aug 17 2020
Are you energized by building advocacy for a therapeutic strategy through the development of partnerships with key External Experts and Professional Bodies? If so, this Field Based Medical Affairs Manager role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Field Based Medical Affairs Manager, you will provide an expert interface between GSK Medical and the external healthcare community on medical topics. You will also help ensure the safe and effective use of GSK medicines through appropriate scientific dialogue.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Build peer-to-peer scientific relationships with identified Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) and healthcare organizations/scientific societies to address their information needs and gain insights that inform GSK medical and research strategies.
- Deliver on-label scientific information at group meetings which are promotional.
- Serve as senior expert Medical Science Liaison (MSL) and support line manager to develop less experienced MSLs.
- Execute MSL operational plan to achieve goals in line with Business plan.
- Identify External Experts (EEs) who are professionals, decision makers and other stakeholders in specific disease areas (eg. HCPs, Pharmacists, Patient groups).
- Gather medical voice of customer (mVOC), unmet medical needs from HCPs and generate medical insights, securing advice that informs GSK development of medicines of value for the ultimate benefit of patients.
- Chair, facilitate and present as an internal expert in meetings/seminars.
- Respond to unsolicited requests for on or off-label information or safety concerns from HCPs.
- Support clinical development activities by participating in the site identification and assessment process, addressing subject retention and other scientific issues in partnership with study management and monitoring.
- Implement effective Medical Affairs planning in collaboration with others in Medical Affairs to input mVOC.
- Act as the trainer and medical/scientific expert for GSK sales representatives regarding GSK products and the conditions they treat.
- Engage with investigators of GSK clinical study in partnership with study management and monitoring.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree
- Two years of experience as a medical science liaison
- Three years of experience in medical affairs, clinical development, or medical research
- Experience interpreting and communicating scientific data and statistics
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's degree in Science, PhD or MD
- Knowledge of life sciences field (pharmacology, biology, clinical, specified disease/therapeutic area)
- Knowledge of Clinical development process and statistics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
GSK招聘团队只会使用 @gsk.com 后缀的邮箱与您联系。若您收到任何声称来自GSK邀请您面试或请您提供任何个人信息的邮件，我们建议您留意发件人的邮箱地址，并谨慎回复。若您不确定您所收到的邮件是否来自GSK，请您通过chk.firstname.lastname@example.org联系我们。
Back to top