MSL Field Capability Training Director Payer, HIV
- Philadelphia, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
Posted Date: Jan 23 2020
ViiV Healthcare is a global specialty HIV company, the only one that is 100% focused on researching and delivering new medicines for people living with, and at risk of, HIV. ViiV is highly mission-driven in our unrelenting commitment to being a trusted partner for all people living with and affected by HIV. Our aim is to think, act, and connect differently through a focus on education on and treatment for HIV. We go to extraordinary lengths to deliver the sorts of breakthroughs, both in treatments, care solutions and communities, that really count. We go beyond the boundaries of medicine by taking a holistic approach to HIV through developing and supporting sustainable community programs and improving access to care. We are fully committed to push through every challenge until HIV/AIDS is eradicated. ViiV has played a significant part in delivering breakthroughs that have turned HIV into a manageable health condition. We offer the largest portfolio of HIV medicines available anywhere, and we continue our work to cater for the widest possible range of needs in response to the HIV epidemic.
We are aware of how much is at stake for those affected by HIV and we show up every day 100% committed to the patients. Our work culture is fast-paced, diverse, inclusive, competitive, and caring. But ViiV isn't just somewhere to work - it's a place to belong, an invitation to bring your very best, and a team full of impact-driven team members who are hungry to make a difference.
While we have been improving lives of HIV patients for 30 years, this is an especially exciting time to be at ViiV, as we evaluate novel approaches to treatment and prevention that could further reduce the impact of HIV on individuals and communities.
ViiV Healthcare was created as a joint venture by Pfizer and GlaxoSmithKline in November 2009 with both companies transferring their HIV assets to the new company. In 2012 Shionogijoined the company. 76.5% of the company is now owned by GlaxoSmithKline, 13.5% by Pfizer and 10% by Shionogi.
Are you energized by building advocacy for a therapeutic strategy through leadership, education and development of partnerships with key External Experts and Professional Bodies? If so, this Field Based Medical Affairs role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As the MSL Field Capability Training Director Payer,you will be responsible for fulfilling externally facing Scientific Engagement responsibilities across a highly prioritized area or population. In addition, you will be providing regional leadership of the external engagement strategy, driving a consistent approach to carrying out engagement activities in the field.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
The MSL Field Capability Training Director Payer exists to meet the scientific needs of External Experts, other healthcare professionals, and clinical/access decision makers; provide clinical development support to investigators conducting clinical trials and/or collaborative research strategy; and provide scientific support for the sales organization, as well as to cultivate strong and progressive external field medical personnel across the respective field lines (RMD, MSLs and Payer Medical Liaisons)
- Meet the scientific and clinical needs of select high priority External Experts, clinical decision makers and/or accounts, provide clinical development support to investigators conducting clinical trials and/or reviews, and provide scientific support for the sales organization - fulfilling externally facing MSL responsibilities across a highly prioritized area or population.
- Address the scientific knowledge and communications skills gaps of select VHC External Speakers/advocates via direct coaching, mentoring, regional and 1:1 training program.
- Demonstrate and embed key functional skills essential for the MSL and RMD(s) within the region; specifying clear milestones, resourcing requirements and processes to evaluate impact in collaboration with US Field Medical Directors, US Brand Medical Directors and Global Training Director
- Regionally and individually strengthen MSL competency and capability
- Deliver applied learning experiences to drive high performance - addressing scientific, communications and engagement training needs of Medical Liaisons and Regional Medical Directors (6-8).
- Develop and execute communications plan to share progress and maintain focus on the capability's transformation effort for increased momentum and to embed change.
- Responsible for field-based, new-hire onboarding training activities and mentorship, including scientific account/expert planning.
- Embed strategic use of behaviors and resources for field-based training post-deployment (Onboarding Roadmap through first 2 years)
- Partner effectively with Medical Matrix partners, internal R&D experts to develop training content and programs to meet needs for specialized or deep therapeutic area, product, or other scientific expertise.
- In collaboration with NA Global Training Director, evaluate field-based medical and industry benchmarks and innovative new trends and translate these into opportunities for training/development
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Pharm D, PhD, M.D. or equivalent education
- Residency and/or post-doctoral training in a pharmaceutical industry/health system/payer settingis preferred
- 3-5 years faculty or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years working with US HIV HCPs and/or Payer/ Institutional customers in a field-based medical role
- 5 years extensive and relevant scientific experience in a pharmaceutical or managed care setting
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Faculty/teaching certification and/or training
- HIV Expertise
- Strong Communication Skills
- Experience and knowledge of government and private US Payer relationships and direct experience in a payer environment is strongly desired
Why ViiV Healthcare?
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As ViiV Healthcare focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at ViiV, please contact the ViiV Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
ViiV is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
ViiV does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact ViiV's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to ViiV. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and ViiV. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ViiV. ViiVshall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, ViiV may be required to capture and report expenses ViiV incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure ViiV's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit ViiV's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GSK's Employees
JasdeepSenior Manager, Corporate Services Procurement - Digital & Tech
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top