Medical Scientific Liaison, HIV
- Seoul, South Korea
Site Name: Korea - Seoul
Posted Date: Feb 21 2020
- This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
Interaction with Medical and Scientific Community
Provide a high quality single point of contact for scientific interaction between KEE's / HCP's and GSK. Interact responsibly and within SE guidelines with targeted health care professionals, professional associations and other key stakeholders. Respond to requests for scientific and medical information in a comprehensive, timely and customer focused manner. Actively support Scientific Advisory Board meetings to ensure knowledge transfer, foster key external expert relationships, ensure scientific understanding and build appropriate advocacy. Actively participate in Scientific and Medical symposia. Assist with development of GSK sponsored
Facilitate local and above country consideration of proposals for collaborative and investigator initiated studies. Assist with submission for and preparation of publications and presentations of study data at local medical & scientific meetings and publications.
Ensure development plans are initiated and actively managed for identified KEEs. Facilitate speaker development and involvement. Ensure appropriate KEE development through various projects.
Therapy Area Expertise:
Develop and maintain extensive knowledge of therapy area, GSK's pipeline and the competitiveLandscape.
Be considered a field-based therapy area expert by internal & external customers. Proactively disseminate knowledge and share information as appropriate, including through internal and external presentations.
Provide training on disease and product. Provide support for promotional material review.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Tertiary qualification in science / life science. Physician or pharmaceutical degree strongly preferred
- Several years of prior Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry experience (medical, clinical or specialty sales) or very strong academic background.
- Ability to apply and leverage scientific and medical knowledge is essential.
- Experience in therapy area is desirable.
- Sound negotiation, influencing and leadership skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with External Experts.
- Demonstrated business planning ability and strong organisational skills.
- Self-starter and innovator.
- Demonstrated professional behaviour. Knowledge of regulations governing information provision to customers within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong strategic thinking skills which will assist meeting commercial objectives through high level therapeutic knowledge.
- Ability to work independently.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK/ViiV Healthcare, please contact your local HR department.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top