Medical Scientific Expert, HIV
- Moscow, Russia
Site Name: Russia - Moscow
Posted Date: Aug 11 2020
Are you energized by building advocacy for a therapeutic strategy through the development of partnerships with key External Experts and Professional Bodies? If so, this Medical Scientific Expertrole could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Medical Scientific Expert, you will provide an expert interface between GSK Medical and the external healthcare community on medical topics. You will also help ensure the safe and effective use of GSK medicines through appropriate scientific dialogue.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Build peer-to-peer scientific relationships with identified Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) and healthcare organizations/scientific societies to address their information needs and gain insights that inform GSK medical and research strategies.
- Deliver on-label scientific information at group meetings which are promotional.
- Serve as senior expert Medical Science Liaison (MSL) and support line manager to develop less experienced MSLs.
- Execute MSL operational plan to achieve goals in line with Business plan.
- Identify External Experts (EEs) who are professionals, decision makers and other stakeholders in specific disease areas (eg. HCPs, Pharmacists, Patient groups).
- Gather medical voice of customer (mVOC), unmet medical needs from HCPs and generate medical insights, securing advice that informs GSK development of medicines of value for the ultimate benefit of patients.
- Chair, facilitate and present as an internal expert in meetings/seminars.
- Respond to unsolicited requests for on or off-label information or safety concerns from HCPs.
- Support clinical development activities by participating in the site identification and assessment process, addressing subject retention and other scientific issues in partnership with study management and monitoring.
- Implement effective Medical Affairs planning in collaboration with others in Medical Affairs to input mVOC.
- Act as the trainer and medical/scientific expert for GSK sales representatives regarding GSK products and the conditions they treat.
- Engage with investigators of GSK clinical study in partnership with study management and monitoring.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree
- Three years of experience in medical affairs, clinical development, or medical research
- Experience interpreting and communicating scientific data and statistics
- English - upper intermediate
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's degree in Science, PhD or MD
- Knowledge of life sciences field (pharmacology, biology, clinical, specified disease/therapeutic area)
- Knowledge of Clinical development process and statistics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top