Medical Scientific Expert
- Utrecht, Netherlands
Site Name: Netherlands - Zeist
Posted Date: May 28 2020
Medical Scientific Expert Vaccines
As Medical Scientific Expert (MSE), you will gain scientific insights and provide authoritative opinion within a therapeutic area on medical, scientific and ethical matters to support GSK NL, enabling the evidence-based use of GSK vaccines and compliance with the relevant requirements (e.g. CGR, Geneesmiddelenwet, and EU Directives).
You will effectively develop strong strategic relationships with key experts and external organizations to ensure that GlaxoSmithKline is seen as a leading voice and important stakeholder within the specific therapeutic area of vaccines) in the NL healthcare environment. You will co-ordinate and utilize specialist knowledge with brand aligned colleagues in formulating and implementing short and long term medical strategy to create optimal benefit for patients.
- In collaboration with Marketing, you have a key role in the planning and development of medical, promotional and educational campaigns and (multichannel) materials, including ensuring the medical accuracy and compliance with the product license and the relevant Codes of Practice
- You work closely with marketing, commercial, market access, regulatory, and clinical colleagues on pre-launch planning, including strategic evidence planning, evidence generation and external expert engagement plan.
- You are responsible for coordinating GSKs response to complaints from bodies such as the IGJ or CGR - this will typically involve engaging members of the extended brand team e.g. brand manager, regulatory affairs manager, pharmaceutical quality manager
- You provide analyses and reviews of GSK products, therapy areas and competitor products, making recommendations, which assist marketing in the determination of current and future strategic direction.
- You provide Medical advice and training in all aspects of GSK's business for the vaccines area
- You arespokesperson at external scientific events and provide compelling presentations on scientific know how in the field of vaccinology and infectious disease control.
- You maintain an open and trustful work environment where constructive feedback is used as a tool to support each individual and provide opportunities to develop and evolve.
- You develop scientific tools (eg scientific platform content, presentation of new data, therapy area reviews, product monographs, slide sets, training packages etc) as appropriate to business and customer needs.
- Input into the defense of complaints made by competitor companies, medical professionals or regulatory authorities against GSK promotional statements or activities.
- You prepare portfolios of data and input into product submissions for influential bodies such as the ZorgInstituut, Gezondheidsraad, RIVM, GGD.
- You ensure the medical information department is up-to-date on new products/campaigns and commercial issues by leading training and factsheet management and by giving advice on complex issues.
- You prepare and deliver presentations for sales force training programmes and other materials and briefing sessions, ensuring scientific data and medical concepts are understood and consistent with promotional strategy.
- For vaccines sponsored studies, you serve as Local Medical Lead (LML) and provide local support to the study design; provide medical/scientific leadership to the local study conduct team and manage all local medical activities required before study start, during the study and after study completion and analysis; provides input on local risk management activities and medical oversight on study quality
- Non-promotional Activities
- Develop networks in the therapeutic areas across the Netherlands and GSK as a whole.
- Contribute to the development, attend and present at appropriate meetings (advisory board meetings, scientific workshops, investigator meetings, expert meetings, and CME meetings). Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge of the therapy areas by reviewing the literature, discussions with key opinion leaders and key stakeholders, participating in cross functional interactions, attending scientific congresses, etc. Supporting scientific research and clinical studies (GSK sponsored/supported). Ensure the right approval processes of GSK supported studies (ISSs), and the follow up during the life cycle of the research project.
- Leading the management of Grants&Donations
- Ensure the approval process and proper documentation, contracts and payments of G&Ds. Follow the procedures and follow up after the approval of the G&Ds.
- Medical review adverse events and pharmaceutical quality issues
- To provide relevant input into Area-specific clinical development strategies for regional Phase IV clinical plans or market access studies.When Medical Doctor: review of sentinel events in clinical studies. Participate in LIRCs to review the medical impact of the quality related issues.
- Key role in the areas of Scientific communication, Medical Governance, risk & issues management.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Scientific Master required in Life-Sciences, Medical or Pharmacy degree or equivalent, with an advanced degree and/or certification preferred.
- Significant experience in a role successfully engaging in scientific exchange with external experts.
- Excellent presentation and teaching skills to represent the company in a professional manner at medical, scientific and public events.
- Fluent in Dutch & English
If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:
- Preferably a MD, BIG-registered, GP or medical specialist, PharmD or life scientist with PhD and scientific expertise within specific therapy area and/orPharmaceutical Physician NVFG.
- Experience in vaccinology, immunology and/or infectious diseases
- Medical background and a working knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment for medicines promotion & scientific communication. Clinical development of medicines experience is a plus.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
GSK Vaccines- Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com .
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
We provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top