Medical Science Liaison - Vaccines
- Terrace, Canada
Site Name: Canada - British Columbia - Vancouver
Posted Date: Apr 16 2020
Medical Science Liaison - Vaccines
The successful candidate will be based in BC *
The MSL role supporting British Columbia and Manitoba provides non-promotional medical support, helping ensure the safe and effective use of GSK medicines, by creating scientific interactions with Healthcare Professionals and professional associations. Through deep scientific expertise and strong external interactions, the MSL plays a critical role in developing insights which support the development and execution of innovative medical affairs strategies and plans.
- Work collaboratively with the National MSL Manager, Scientific Advisor and Medical Science Liaison Team to develop and execute Vaccines Medical Plans.
- Responsible for Vaccines portfolio.
- Establish professional relationships with academic health care professionals, professional associations and other key stakeholders to reactively provide a fair and balanced scientific exchange of medical information, modeling the highest standards of medical integrity and governance
- Respond to unsolicited inquiries for medical information from external experts
- Operate as the field based scientific/medical expert
- Develop and maintain extensive knowledge of disease, its treatment and the competitive landscape
- Respond to external expert requests surrounding GSK Vaccines
- Work collaboratively with Clinical Development personnel to identify potential clinical trial sites
- Support clinical development activities in Canada and provide scientific support to GSK internal stakeholders as required
- Deliver scientific and promotional presentations to healthcare providers while stimulating clinical dialogue.
- Serve as the interface between the professional healthcare community and the internal GSK teams to gather insights that inform GSK Medical, Commercial, and R&D activities
- Partner with matrix colleagues (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Market Access, etc.) to develop and execute business plans
- Fully understand and comply with GSK standards and with local codes of practice to operate with the highest of industry standards.
- Advanced post graduate scientific degree required (MD, PhD, Pharm D)
- Experience in Vaccines/Immunology therapy area is necessary to meet changing business needs
- Strong ability to apply and leverage scientific and medical knowledge while demonstrating scientific credibility is essential
- Familiarity with reimbursement in Canada
- Sound negotiation and leadership skills
- Excellent public speaker, with outstanding presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team orientation and the ability to work closely with cross-functional partners
- Demonstrated ability to confidently interact with external experts
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Self-starter and innovator
- Demonstrated professional and ethical behavior
- Knowledge of regulations governing information provision to customers within the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong strategic and analytical skills at the therapeutic level
- Valid driver license
- Ability to work independently and ability to travel throughout BC & Manitoba up to 70%
- The successful candidate will be based in BC
- Prior experience working in the Medical Affairs function for the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry with prior external expert relationships in Vaccines/Immunology is strongly preferred.
*This position requires the employee to drive routinely on Company business and allows for the provision of a company - leased vehicle. However, to be eligible for this position and a company vehicle, GSK will need to obtain acceptable results from a license verification inquiry and drivers abstract review against its safe driver program requirements.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at email@example.com
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top