Medical Science Liaison - Oncology Pipeline (f/m/divers)
- Mühlhausen, Germany
Site Name: Home Worker - DEU (Munich), Munich - Office
Posted Date: Oct 22 2020
Medical Affairs is a critical bridge between R&D and the commercial organization to ensure that our medicines reach the appropriate patients. GSK has committed to building a new oncology business, with initial focus on selected European markets. To this end, the Medical Science Liaison is a critical role to ensure oncology resource and activities are aligned and deployed to business priorities and patient needs in Germany. The function is crucial to build up scientific expertise to provide greater insight and significant external presence, and to support entry into the highly competitive Oncology space.
The Pipeline MSL will be responsible for identifying and developing a deep relationship with the top medical experts and community physicians in their responsible region, insight gathering, pipeline review with HCPs, attending congresses, organizing advisory boards, training and coaching other MSLs in the execution of field medical responsibilities. We'll rely on you to leverage your own strategic skills and understanding of GSK priorities, and the European Healthcare environment.
• Create and form measures and programs out of the medical strategy within their designated scope, schedule and resources
• Management of all medical affairs activities in the abovementioned territory
• Development, implementation and project lead of medical scientific projects
• Identification and support of relevant study centres and cooperation partners and intensification of scientific dialogues (discussion of latest publications, data and therapies; scientific presentation and moderation of advisory boards/symposiums; ...)
• Partner of choice and consultant for all external KOL´s and HCP´s in discussion of novel therapeutic approaches and development strategies
• Support of clinical research programming across the continuum (Investigator sponsored research, Cooperative Group and Collaborator research, Company Sponsored trials)
• Responsible to gather feedback on development strategies and trial designs and cover a portfolio of multiple novel assets in the GSK development pipeline
• Partner with Market Access to reflect also Germany-specific aspects in clinical programs
• Partner within all areas of Medical Affairs (e.g. Medical Advisors, Medical Communications, Medical Information, Publications, Advocacy) and support as content expert for Clinical Research, Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Advocacy, Communications
Given the complexities of the oncology landscape and urgent need for treatment to reach patients, you should be able to demonstrate following:
• Develop and execute on strategies that shape the external environment without significant oversight and at a rapid pace.
• Work within matrix teams and have a strong ability to influence and align the team and strategy to seize the opportunities identified with external organizations.
• Demonstrated leadership, communication, and presentation skills
• Command respect among senior executives, both inside and outside GSK.
• Identify, consolidate and communicate key insights and subsequently contribute to the translation of these insights into executable and innovative Medical Affairs strategies and plans that clearly define the value of our medicines / products to our customers.
• Identify and engage the external community appropriately in robust scientific dialogue thatgenerates insight and advances scientific and medical understanding as well as secure advice to inform the development of products of value, for the benefit of patients/ consumers.
• Anticipate the changing healthcare, regulatory & competitive environment throughout the product lifespan; delivers innovative strategies to inform evidence-based prescribing/ usage within this environment e.g. new comparator or real world efficacy data.
• Understand the impact of new data on the value/positioning of products in guidelines/ formularies.
Basic Qualifications - We are looking for professionals with theserequired skillsto achieve our goals:
• Accredited doctorate degree in a life-science or basic-science discipline (Pharm.D., D.Sc., D.N.P., Ph.D., or M.D./D.O.)
• Demonstrated experience and success as an Oncology focused MSL within the region to be covered
• Clear CV evidence of extensive experience within Oncology
• Strong scientific background in oncology or associated research areas
• Demonstrated understanding of the European healthcare environment, including knowledge of health technology assessments and market access challenges
• Understanding of pharmaceutical ethics and governance, of pharmaceutical compliance policies and procedures
• Excellent public speaking and written communication skills
• Successful and superior influencing skills across all levels of the organization and with external collaborators
• Problem solving and risk-mitigation skills
• Skilled in multiple computer-based tools
• Basic financial and budget management skills
• Willingness to travel national extensively
• Fluency in English and German
We're also looking for the following personal skills:
• Confident, positive attitude, enthusiastic and charismatic
• Strategic and creative thinker
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a matrix and fast paced environment
• Ability to work proactively and independently and delivering results under tight timelines
• Resilience and change agility
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do, and form an important part of our culture. These includePatient Focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace,rigourand risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgetingand cost-consciousness
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity!
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application. Please take the opportunity to download a copy of the job description when applying.
This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top