Medical Science Liaison - FL (Oncology - Solid Tumor)
- Orlando, FL
Site Name: USA - Florida - Orlando
Posted Date: Jan 7 2020
Are you energized by building advocacy for a therapeutic strategy through leadership, education and development of partnerships with key External Experts and Professional Bodies? If so, this Oncology Medical Science Liaison (Solid Tumor) role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
Your impact at GSK/TESARO:
We are seeking an experienced Medical Science Liaison (MSL) to join us and have an impact in establishing a respected GSK/TESARO presence in the medical community. MSLs are field-based scientific/clinical experts that report to the Medical Affairs (MA) department. The ideal candidate will identify and develop scientific relationships with the medical community, thought leaders, and treatment advocates in academic and community practices. S/he will be GSK/TESARO's scientific representative to the medical community and facilitate the exchange of scientific information.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Establish a respectable GSK/TESARO presence in the medical community through long-term and valued scientific relationships.
- Represent GSK/TESARO at all pertinent events in the geography.
- Identify and develop scientific relationships with the medical community, thought leaders, and treatment advocates.
- Train and facilitate speakers on GSK/TESARO products.
- Exchange complex medical and scientific information with the oncology community.
- Identify the appropriate physicians, researchers, and groups that GSK/TESARO should interact with on a local and regional level.
- Be GSK/TESARO's scientific representative to the medical community and facilitate the appropriate exchange of scientific information.
- Provide medical/scientific presentations to internal and external groups.
- Communicate any trends in the market place that may have an impact on GSK/TESARO products.
- Coordinate with partners on various programs in the medical community to ensure effective utilization of resources.
- Participate in the organization and planning of Global/National/Regional opinion leader meetings.
- Provide internal stakeholders with feedback and insights from interactions and discussions with Health Care Professionals.
- Provide support at professional meetings, including staffing medical booths, collecting insights and competitive intelligence and developing tools that support medical functions at the meeting.
- Facilitate phase IV study completion and presentation.
- Assist with awareness of company-sponsored clinical trials and investigator initiated trials.
- Assist with clinical trial awareness and engage with assigned Cooperative Groups to support their scientific and research needs as consistent with Medical Affairs strategy.
- Maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in specific therapeutic areas; review scientific journals, attend scientific and key technical meetings.
- Respond to and document unsolicited requests for scientific information for GSK/TESARO products, including those in development.
- Collaborate with publication planning to support development of publications and communications.
- Facilitate investigator interactions with Medical Directors and other internal stakeholders.
- Provide clinical input and training to internal functions within regulatory guidelines.
- Provide support for content development and delivery of clinical presentations at Advisory Boards.
- Adhere to corporate and healthcare compliance guidance in all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Pharm D, PhD, M.D.or equivalent education
- Two years of experience and success in oncology within an MSL organization
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with influential thought leaders
- Ability to think strategically; apply knowledge and analytical skills in a highly regulated environment; and align medical and commercial strategies
- Ability to summarize complex information and present in a clear, concise and scientifically accurate manner to a range of audiences
- Adherence and compliance with all required regulatory guidelines
- Ability to travel 40-60% of time
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience with clinical research, publication activities, congress/conference support and presenting scientific data, preferred
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK/Tesaro focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top