Medical Science Liaison
- Beijing, China
Site Name: China - Beijing - ChaoYang District - Ocean International Centre - Tower A
Posted Date: Jun 11 2021
Through in-field scientific engagement with healthcare providers and external experts, the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) fosters a more educated healthcare environment by:
- Communicating their deep knowledge of GSK data in the context of overall patient care to ensure evidence-based understanding of the science behind GSK medicines and vaccines.
- Gathering valuable insights on GSK products and services, and on medical and scientific information to better understand patient needs and evidence gaps.
- Engage in one to one scientific dialogue with external experts around GSK's medicines and vaccines, enabling them to confidently discuss our portfolio with patients and the wider medical community and ensuring they are knowledgeable in identifying the right patient for the most appropriate medicines and vaccines.
- Act as an expert speaker at promotional and scientific events to disseminate information to larger groups of healthcare providers while stimulating clinical dialogue to gain different views and perspectives.
- Respond to unsolicited requests for Medical Information from healthcare providers in a fair, factual, balanced, and scientifically rigorous manner via the appropriate and preferred channel.
- Act as the interface between the professional healthcare community and the internal GSK medical team and its affiliates to bring in value-added insights that inform GSK Medical, Commercial, and Research & Development activities.
- Foster a collaborative working relationship with Medical Representatives and Commercial colleagues.
- Partner with matrix colleagues (e.g. sales, marketing, market access, etc.) to ensure strategies and business plans are both patient and business focused, and adding value to the external expert
- Disseminate important safety information to healthcare professionals as and when this emerges.
- Support GSK study teams with the provision of scientific education and enquiry management from investigators and staff engaged in GSK-supported clinical trials e.g. Investigator-Sponsored Studies (ISS).
- Provide scientific education training for business partners such as the Medical Representatives by being the local scientific expert for a medicine / vaccine or group of medicines / vaccines in a therapy area.
- Maintain a level of expertise in the evolving scientific / therapeutic area and in competitor medicines and vaccines.
- Attend scientific meetings and congresses to keep abreast of the evolving science in a therapy area and to confidently debate and discuss the science with external experts as presented at the meeting.
- Fully understand and comply with GSK standards and policies and with local codes of practice, guidelines and laws to ensure the strictest requirements are met.
1. Minimum Level of Education
- Master's Degree in medicine / pharmacy.
- Medical Degree (MD, MBBS, MPharm, PharmD)
- Expertise in current or near future GSK therapy area
- Strong academic background having participated in, or led research projects and authored publications
- Effective communication skills and ability to tailor information to different audiences appropriately.
- Ability to translates complex science into simple messages.
- Ability to communicate through multiple channels e.g. webinars.
- Solid grounding in clinical, medical and pharmaceutical science with the ability to rapidly assimilate specific and detailed knowledge in these areas.
- An understanding of clinical development, and statistical design and analysis.
- Effective networking and collaboration skills to achieve business results.
- Strong business mindset and ability to balance cross-functional objectives.
- A sense of curiosity and a passion for continuous learning and development.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
GSK招聘团队只会使用 @gsk.com 后缀的邮箱与您联系。若您收到任何声称来自GSK邀请您面试或请您提供任何个人信息的邮件, 我们建议您留意发件人的邮箱地址, 并谨慎回复。若您不确定您所收到的邮件是否来自GSK, 请您通过chk.firstname.lastname@example.org联系我们。
Back to top