Medical Head Specialty Care - Germany (m/f/d)
- Ingolstadt, Germany
Site Name: Munich - Office
Posted Date: Jul 2 2020
You'll be leading the medical department for specialty care (Nucala, Benlysta, Volibris, immmuno-inflammation pipeline assets), being fully accountable for medical affairs strategy, execution of plans for specialty care assets, organization and structure of the department, leading and managing the sub-leaders structure and representing the TA special internally and externally.You'll also act as Deputy of Country Medical Director for matters related to medical governance and medical operations.
• Leading medical department for specialty care: setting goals and expectations to the team, inspiring and engaging team, managing performance and ensuring right organizational design and resource is in place within the team.
• Attract and retain talents to key position in the department and ensure team members capabilities development in line with needs of specialty care market.
• Ensuring high quality medical plans (incl integrated evidence plans) or launch plans in place for all assets and driving brilliant execution of the plans.
• Representing specialty care area externally with top EEs and other external stakeholders (GBA, regulatory authorities etc.).
• Driving cross-functional working and representing speacilaty care area in key cross-functional interfaces (R&D, TA incl co-creation process, market access, commercial teams, MLT and GLT).
• Overall accountability for the highest ethical standards of activities and content in the specialty care area.
• Acting as Deputy of Country Medical Director for medical governance matters and medical operations matters.
Basic Qualifications - We are looking for professionals with theserequired skillsto achieve our goals:
- Medical Degree with at least 10 years of work experiencein a highly complex and evolving portfolio of products
- Ability to represent SCU to variety of senior internal and external stakeholders
- Strong track record of performance in Medical Affairs role,
- Track record in leading High Performance Teams in Medical Affairs or other functions and experience in leading teams through change and ambiguity
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to work in matrix organisations successfully.
- Ability to operate within demanding matrix environment
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application. Please take the opportunity to download a copy of the job description when applying.
This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top