Medical Director, SERM
Site Name: UK - London - Brentford, UK - Middlesex - Stockley Park
Posted Date: Jan 29 2020
Are you energised by the opportunity to work with global stakeholders to design, deliver and embed critical highly visible safety programs that have a global impact? If so, this role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Medical Director in the Safety Evaluation and Risk Management group, you will play a key role in supporting the Central Safety Leadership Team, and the broader business at both a strategic and operational level.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following -
- Deliver strategic solutions and lead the implementation for key organizational/process changes ensuring that GSK can comply with pharmacovigilance regulations worldwide
- Develop strategy and lead the implementation of core business activities (e.g. Communications, Information Management, Training), seeking endorsement from the Central Safety Leadership team; provide ongoing, thoughtful programme management and change management support to ensure delivery against a strategic agenda
- Lead the review and re-design of critical business processes; deliver solutions that align across business units; develop and lead training / change management activities
- Provide specific subject matter expertise on relevant business processes to ensure regulatory compliance and appropriate management of risk across GSK (to include authoring process documents, adhering with evolving regulatory requirements, delivery of training and the proactive identification of potential compliance risks)
- Secretariat to Central Safety governance boards/leadership teams as appropriate; ensure appropriate/timely agendas/minutes (to include action tracking) based on input from stakeholders; provision of appropriate project management leadership
- Project management support for the business change initiatives/process updates to include driving the development and tracking of business plans (including objective setting, Key performance Indicators, benefits tracking)
- Line manage scientific/technical associate staff who support specific business activities including provision of metrics, information management, communication and website related deliverable (as needed)
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Medical degree with minimum 3 years in clinical practice
- Oncology or immunology experience
- Experience with Pharmacovigilance processes and global Pharmacovigilance regulations
- Prior experience managing multiple strategy formulation and change projects
- Ability to effectively influence key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to see the big picture and make informed recommendations
- Hands-on and self-reliant; able to work independently with diligent attention to detail
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced Degree Life Sciences or Pharmacovigilance
- Professional certification in Project management
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
We're open to all talent - whatever your gender, disability, marital status, religion or belief, age, race, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin.
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email email@example.com
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top