Medical Advisor Vaccines
- Bern, Switzerland
Site Name: Switzerland - Muenchenbuchsee Bern
Posted Date: Dec 15 2020
Are you interested in a Medical Advisor role that allows you to deliver and exchange of information within the medical dialogue with the external and internal environment.? If so, This Medical Advisor Vaccines role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Medical Advisor you will be responsible for scientific communication with internal and external stakeholders in the area of immunization and infectious disease control to help torn vaccines in to vaccination
- Be the scientific expert for vaccines therapy area.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the therapy area and a deep appreciation of the science and evidence for GSK vaccines and other non-GSK treatment options in the therapy area.
- Act as the interface between the professional healthcare community and the internal GSK medical team and its affiliates providing value-added insights and feedback from the community designed to improve medical, commercial and drug development planning and service provision.
- Fully understand and always meet the requirements in External Interactions by Medical and R&D Staff (STD-GSKF-415) and the GSK Code of Practice for Promotion and Scientific Engagement.
- Respond compliantly to unsolicited information requests from healthcare professionals and associated individuals regarding licensed or un-licensed GSK medicines and indications; ensure all medical information responses are factual, fair and balanced, scientifically rigorous and strictly comply with GSK SOPs and local regulations.
- Disseminate important safety information to the healthcare profession as directed by the Medical Affairs or Research and Development teams or the Dear Healthcare Provider Letter (DHPL) process.
- Assist the medical team in the identification of external experts within the therapy area and geography.
- Fully understand and comply with local codes of practice, guidelines and laws to ensure the strictest requirements are met particularly with respect to delivery of promotional versus non-promotional information
- Deliver the medical part of tenders in the vaccines area in close cooperation with the regulatory and commercial team.
- As a Local Medical Lead (LML) provide input on local risk management activities and keep medical oversight on study quality on GSK sponsored or supported Vaccines studies.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- University degree in human medicine (MD), pharmacy (MSc), veterinary medicine (MSc), biosciences (MSc) or similar.
- Min. of 3 years of experience as a Medical Advisor or in a similar role with experience in vaccines or familiar with medical affairs.
- Solid grounding in clinical, medical and pharmaceutical science with the ability to rapidly assimilate specific and detailed knowledge in these areas.
- Experience evaluating and effectively communicating evidence-based medicine.
- Strong scientific communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in German and English, French is an advantage.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top