Medical Advisor - Oncology Pipeline (m/f/divers)
Site Name: Munich - Office
Posted Date: Mar 25 2020
Are you a Medical Advisor with expertise in Oncology? Can you help GSK in providing cutting edge scientific data to externals stakeholders? We're looking for a self driven and ambitious professional in Germany to drive medical affairs planning for pipeline Oncology therapies. Are you ready for this challenge? See below to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
As our Oncology Medical advisor you'll use medical knowledge and customer insights to develop the country medical affairs plan (in context of the development programs), and engage in peer-to-peer communication & provide cutting edge scientific information to external stakeholders and medical advice to internal stakeholders such as market access, commercial & clinical colleagues. Reporting into the Medical Affairs Pipeline Lead, we'll rely on you to develop and manage the country medical strategy of the assigned product/indications. You'll also drive the strategic and tactical execution of the corresponding medical affairs plan.
At GSK, a Medical Advisor is an office-based, field directed medical professional who uses medical knowledge and customer insights to develop the country medical affairs plan (in context of the development programs). The Advisor will be required to engage in peer-to-peer communication & provide cutting edge scientific information to external stakeholders and medical advice to internal stakeholders such as market access, commercial & clinical colleagues. Under general supervision of the Medical Affairs Pipeline Lead, develops and manages country medical strategy of the assigned product/indications. Medical Advisor drives the strategic and tactical execution of the corresponding medical affairs plan. Works in close collaboration with the Pipeline Medical Affairs Lead, global development teams, marketing and access counterparts as well as regulatory and other local / regional stakeholders for the products/ indications.
- Development and local execution of the Country Medical Affairs Plan and ensuring country specifics, e.g. different standard of care, reimbursement timelines and requirements are implemented into the global strategy
- Planning and implementation of local Medical Affairs activities within the agreed timelines and budgets applying the knowledge of therapeutic options (GSK and competitor products) and the respective disease environment
- Medical expert point of contact for internal and external stakeholders in the relevant therapeutic areas . Ability to interpret the results of studies in line with Evidence Based Medicine principles
- Establishing, maintaining and comprehensive management of medical /scientific relations with external experts, healthcare institutions, scientific societies, patient organizations, government officials and senior regulatory authorities
- Plans and executes Advisory boards/Scientific Engagement Workshops, contributes to GSK sponsored meetings, preparing and delivering scientific presentations in the relevant therapeutic areas and GSK products for external audiences
- Active participation in in symposia and congresses
- Continued acquisition of knowledge from the external environment on current standards and guidelines as well as GSK products and anticipated changes in this field ensuring
- Publications development
- Support of clinical research (protocol and CRF writing, adverse events, discussions with investigators, internal meetings) and Market Access department
- Collaboration with the global team for scientific exchange and activity in the therapeutic areas
- Provides medical and scientific training to internal and external customers
Basic Qualifications - We are looking for professionals with theserequired skillsto achieve our goals:
- Medical or Scientific degree (biology, pharmacy or medicine ) with MD/PhD
- Min 3 years of relevant clinical or Medical Affairs experience in pharma - ideally in oncology hematology
- Ability to develop deep understanding of new therapeutic areas
- Significant hands-on experience working in navigating a matrix team environment
- Deep understanding of new product development, product lifecycle, marketing principles and strategies
- Advanced understanding of other functions, including but not limited to Market Access, Clinical Operations, Commercial and Regulatory
- Strong customer focus, integrity and relationship building skills, consensus building skills
- Excellency in written and spoken English
- Outstanding communication skills, flexible thinking and consideration of other opinions / perspectives, utilizing the strengths and diversity of other team members to improve own performance
- Confident, positive attitude, enthusiastic and charismatic
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization, simultaneously handling multiple tasks and working under pressure as well as influence skills
- Strong leadership behaviors and self perception as a role model
- Able to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Resilience and change agility and life long learning mindset
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do, and form an important part of our culture. These includePatient Focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace,rigourand risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgetingand cost-consciousness
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity!
Closing Date: 30th April 2020
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application. Please take the opportunity to download a copy of the job description when applying.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top