- Warren, NJ
Site Name: USA - New Jersey - Warren
Posted Date: Feb 10 2020
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical, vaccine and healthcare companies, employing over 100,000 people globally with offices in more than 115 countries, with more than a third in emerging markets.
GSK has a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 84 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
GSK Mission and Strategy - to help people do more, feel better, live longer
GSK is on a journey towards digital transformation to become the global leader in bringing the best in class analytics and insights, to serve the consumer and patient. In April 2017, Emma Walmsley, formerly the Head GSK Consumer, was appointed CEO of GSK and has been vocal about her desire to accelerate GSK's digital transformation. This strategy is far reaching and will extend to all corners of the business - from Big Data and applications of artificial intelligence in R&D to New Media in bringing to life consumer brands.
We are looking for a Media Manager for the US to work within our America's media team. This role will support and report into a Media Director, working collaboratively with other Media team members. The main responsibilities will be to partner with our brand teams to develop & manage world-class, data-driven Communications Plans, with a strong focus on Digital, leverage GSK's scale in the marketplace and support the management of a cutting-edge agency model.
The Media Manager position is a key role within GSK with the mission of empowering the marketing teams with better media planning and buying capabilities by: ensuring media strategy is directly tied to and delivering on brand marketing objectives, while also ensuring the GSK digital vision of collecting, leveraging and seamlessly integrating data and insights into media choices is being deployed. This position requires an individual with ability to use technology to deliver on our business needs. This will require understanding digital media capabilities and tactics, understanding the technical foundation needed to support effective digital campaigns, and being able to clearly communicate these dynamics to our brand partners. Experience in dynamic creative versioning and optimization, use of first-party & third-party data, and cross-channel frequency, sequence and message management required. We're looking for someone collaborative, passionate, driven, curious and constantly looking to adopt new technology and take advantage of new trends. This individual will need to understand the tactical level, but more importantly, can envision the big picture and ensure our tactical implementations contribute to an over-arching strategic roadmap.
This person will work closely with our Digital Performance Marketing team to manage the implementation of data-informed optimizations and content development that deliver business impact for our brands. You will work cross-functionally and liaise with Insights, Analytics, Digital operations, Digital Tech, Finance and Global Strategic Integration Leads to ensure successful project delivery.
- Work across boundaries by building and developing trusted relationships with key stakeholders in order to deliver a respected and authoritative media counsel, i.e. collaborate and lead media related projects with other functions (Digital, Tech, Insights, Analytics)
- Provide Consumer Healthcare Brand Marketing teams with paid media specialist resource to efficiently and effectively maximize return on the brand connections plan
- Support the America's Media Directors with the strategic oversight of all paid media channel planning, negotiations and stewardship. Also support driving digital integration and innovation across Video, SEM/SEO, Display, Social, Strategic Media Partnerships, Programmatic and eCommerce
- Support the management of the overall media agency relationship as well as work with cross functional partner teams/agencies to align objectives and develop integrated connection campaigns
- Manage planning and implementation of strategic value added programs with our Media Partners such as Google, Facebook and Amazon
- Collaborate with Digital Performance Marketing and Tech teams in the development of a comprehensive data strategy and guide data-driven media decisions to drive personalization at scale and cross-device synchronization
- Use and analyze industry trends, performance data, and other digital resources to inform strategies, audience development, test & learn opportunities, optimizations and measurement frameworks
- Work closely with agencies to drive consumer insights through use cases built through our tech stack, analytics and econometric learnings to deliver an ROI positive performance media program
- Serve as key team contacts with internal GSK Finance teams on media approvals and support the larger team on brand spend reporting and savings tracking
- Collaborate with and support Global Strategic Integration Leads to ensure global strategic guidelines are interpreted accurately by local media agency and executed brilliantly
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Significant, practical experience with Media or Digital agencies, Media Management department or Media Company, with 7+ years experience ideal
- Demonstrable experience in digital marketing, cross-channel integrated media strategy and communications planning
- Capability in developing TV and Digital buying strategies with a focus on Advanced/Connected TV, Search (SEM/SEO), Programmatic, Social (including Influencer) and eCommerce
- Familiarity with analytical, empiric Media planning tools and holistic integrated strategy approaches
- Experience working with and stewarding programs with Media partners such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc
- Understanding of Paid, Owned, Earned, aspects of Digital marketing and how it fits as part of on overall, integrated marketing mix
- Ability to build relationships and manage performance of key partners
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience working with Google tools, an aligned technology stack and building enterprise-based use cases
- Thought Leadership on innovation and emerging media
- Experience managing large, multi-national accounts
- Experience in healthcare/consumer healthcare/CPG communications
- Experience in performance driven media, development and implementation of data driven strategies
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top