Master Data Analyst
Site Name: USA - New Jersey - Warren
Posted Date: Oct 24 2019
Master Data Analyst
This role is responsible for master data set up and maintenance in the North America Supply and Demand Planning Department, ensuring that end to end new SKU set up and ongoing parameter maintenance is performed timely and accurately in relevant planning systems for both supply and demand planning.
The job holder will be the primary point of contact for all data related queries from both internal and external customers and will have a leading role into driving the importance of data quality and system integrity. The role has a process and system dimension, participating in process improvement capability initiatives and new system implementation.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Data Management
- Collect from key stakeholders, create and Maintain Master data and key parameters in Supply planning and demand forecasting systems in line with system's role profile under the responsibility of Supply and Demand Planning function (e.g. GMM/ECC/SNP APO/APO DP)
- Review reports on data quality as per monthly standard work (in terms of completeness, Integrity, Accuracy, Consistency). Correct or co-ordinate correction of data and issue resolution as a part of Data Quality Review.
- Participate and support the NPI process ensuring that all data is entered prior to launch date to maximise customer service levels. Complete any other NPI activities linked to SKU set up as appropriate (e.g. PIR, Source list, SID form, CVC setup)
- Ensure appropriate life cycle management of SKUs
- Responsible for UPC Creation, One World Sync and Integration between DCS and CERPS, as applicable to North America
- Processes, Failure Free and Improvement
- Perform Root Cause Analysis on any issues identified on master data quality and process and drive continuous improvement on process, systems and people capability
- Raise process improvement opportunities, standardise and simplify Ways of working, in collaboration with capability and operational planning teams and key stakeholders (e.g. Customer Service, Sites, other regional planning teams) ensuring a consistent approach to data management.
- Systems & Projects support
- Participate and support the Master data process development and data verification in the hub, as a result of CERPS / MERPS Implementation.
- Support system developments (e.g. GMM) by identifying and raising opportunities for process improvement
- Liaise with the wider business and keep up to date with latest developments that impact Master Data systems and processes and ensure integration of new ways of working in the Supply planning Hub
- Responsible to keep the Planning Team's SOPs on Master Data up to date
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Graduate with a degree in science, IT, engineering or business
- 3+ years of experience in supply chain preferable in a master data maintenance role
- Good technical knowledge of the IT systems (GMM, SAP ECC and APO)
- Good knowledge of master data relevant to supply and demand planning systems and their impact on planning processes
- Experience on process improvement and system development
- Good analytical skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good process documentation skills
- Disciplined in approach to tasks and good attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MBA in science, IT, engineering or business
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top