Marketing Tech Product Director
- Warren, NJ
Site Name: USA - New Jersey - Warren
Posted Date: Jun 25 2020
Marketing Tech Product Director
GSK Consumer Health has ambition to be the world's leading pure play Consumer Healthcare company. The relationship between wellness and technology is deepening as a digitally native generation look for new ways to empower themselves and their wellbeing. To win in this dynamic marketplace, we must serve the needs of our consumers in our local markets better than the competition via a more balanced marketing and brand model that builds global consistency and local empowerment.
The Consumer & Customer Tech Enablement Product Family is focused on creating Tech products to serve needs of the personas in Customer (Sales Reps, Retailers, distributors), Expert (Expert Reps, Dentists, Pharmacists), and Consumer (marketers, production partners, consumers) via understanding through Industry Leading Technology Products & Experiences.
This role leads the Consumer tower/persona as the Marketing Tech Product Director for the purpose to
Equip marketers and production partners with technologies like Digital Asset Management, Marketing Resource Management, Ad Tech, media campaign management, Consumer Relationship Management Systems, social listening, etc. Drive superior consumer experience and engagement via web framework, marketing activation technologies, and innovation in devices/platforms for consumer self-care. Enable conversion to purchase via Product Information Management, DtC technologies
The Marketing Tech Product Director is responsible for why, when and what of suite of tech products to be delivered, leading their teams to deliver the best possible, highest quality, products that users will love using and deliver clear business value. She/he will bring their teams (approx. 15 FTE) together to deliver game changing digital products through instilling a culture of constant testing and iterating, ensuring their team is able to foster the closest possible relationships with their development and design teams as well as the stakeholders across the business (and outside) who will benefit.
- Setting the vision and strategy for their product area focused on the consumer personas e.g. consumers online and offline, marketers in GSK. The job is to clearly articulate the business value to the product team. owns the roadmap and must prioritize building what matters most to achieve the strategic goals and initiatives behind the product.
- Leading teams and setting the right product culture within their team to ensure that the right features are prioritized and delivered that will deliver the required results with the maximum business value. Typical products would be around Digital Asset Management, Product Syndication, Direct to consumer CRM. Developing strong digital product teams and delivering successful digital products leveraging agile principles, user journey mapping and UX.
- Stakeholder management will be with Marketing Operating Services VP. Play a thought leader role in the business and tech lead teams on how tech can be "headlights" to the organization and enable the business goals with clear business value.
- Account management: Accountable for managing the product backlog and prioritizing all Tech services within their respective product domain, ensuring continuous feedback from business customers and end users.
- Establish and lead Business Governance bodies, provide oversight and establish business value, manage overall delivery and service performance and manage business risk.
- Quality, Risk & Compliance: Accountable for ensuring all products supporting the business are compliant with internal security, risk management policies and practices, external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP, SARBOX and that Tech continuity plans are in place for all business-critical products
- Service Management: Accountable for ensuring the right services levels are in place and maintained in line with business need and the appropriate responses made to Voice of the Process(VOP) and Voice of the Customer(VOC).
- Process Improvement: Accountable for driving ongoing product and business process improvements adopting a mixture of waterfall, hybrid and agile methodologies as appropriate.
- Change & Release management: Manage change activity, including Software as a Service delivered change, into the production service in a compliant and efficient manner
- Ensure data passing from upstream systems or providers (i.e. Workday) or to downstream systems (i.e. Global ERP) through integrations is efficient, accurate and secure. This also includes building reporting capabilities that support both operational reporting as well as analytic reporting.
- People Management: Accountable for line managing staff supporting the system(s) and to ensure ongoing succession planning to maintain business, through a mixture of GSK employees, augmented/contingent workers and strategic suppliers.
- Data Guidelines & Principles: Follow GSK Standard of processing and securing data. Follow PII needs and protocols as per GSK Global, regional and local practices.
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Experience as a Head of/Director of Product with Product Managers as your direct reports and strong experience in digital Product Management.
- Deep understanding of marketing business processes.
- Demonstrated experience of delivering measurable business value.
- Demonstrable experience across desktop and mobile products.
- Proven ability to develop others, from hiring the right talent to actively developing your team to perform to the highest standards.
- Demonstrable experience devising and selling your own vision for the products you have been responsible for.
- Solid experience leading teams in truly agile environments - releasing new product increments regularly, testing and reiterating.
- A strong technical understanding/ability to communicate with technical and design/UX teams to lead their and your own team through to delivering the best possible products.
- Excellent collaboration skills with an ability to gain the respect/buy-in from your stakeholders across GSK.
- A demonstrable ability to understands the needs and economics of a business and the market around it.
- A data and user driven approach to product management - with a comprehensive portfolio of product releases/case studies of your own/from teams you have run to prove it.
- A user centric approach to product development, leading your teams to focus on the genuine end user need above the views of internal stakeholders.
- Plenty of creativity - you will have - and encourage from your team - lots of new ideas and be hungry to lead your team to test them and to see the results.
- A strong communicator and good listener, able to present ideas coherently leading to achieving a consensus, even where stakeholders are from a diverse range of business areas.
- A global mindset is essential to work at GSK and knowledge/experience with how digital products need to vary across markets while supporting the need for us to remain a scalable business.
- Proven Record for meeting regulatory and legislation requirements for produce development and operations.
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company is preferred.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before the 5th July 2020 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
Why GSK? At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top