Marketing Professional - Consumer Healthcare
- Warren, NJ
Site Name: USA - New Jersey - Warren
Posted Date: Sep 30 2020
Does the opportunity to work in Marketing for leading global brands with the fastest growing Consumer Healthcare organization excite you? Being part of Consumer Health at GSK is being part of something special. The focus of the organization couldn't be clearer - we are fueled by a personal passion to give our customers and our patients MORE.
GSK Consumer Healthcare is one of the world's largest consumer healthcare companies. Our purpose is to help more people around the world to do more, feel better and live longer with everyday healthcare products. We have a heritage that goes back over 160 years. We own some of the world's best loved healthcare brands, including Advil®, Sensodyne®, Preparation H, Theraflu®, Excedrin®, Nicorette®, Centrum®, Emergen-C®, Flonase® and TUMS®.
Our goal is to build a global, growing business we call a Fast-Moving Consumer Healthcare company, dedicated to everyday healthcare with all of the scientific expertise and quality guarantees that demands, working at the speed and with the genuine consumer understanding the modern world expects.
As we continue to grow our Consumer Healthcare business, we are looking for talented, marketing professionals in the following areas: marketing, brand management, and digital marketing.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Develop strategies, tactics, and lead execution of national brand programs, including consumer promotion, social media, digital ecosystem management, and shopper programs designed to engage consumers at retail.
- Media Strategy and Planning and its integration into the Brand Planning cycle.
- Work with outside agencies to execute the plan
- Brand budget management
- Leverage an understanding of the scientific, regulatory and competitive claim environments to help strengthen and grow brand equity.
- Works closely with digital marketing team, ecommerce team, global content team, performance marketing managers, media, and creative / design partners to optimize digital content real time in line with best practice, performance metrics, and brand VBL. Collaborates cross functionally with global team to implement scalable best practice solutions
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree (Marketing, Business, or related field)
- Experience required will vary depending on role, but 2 years of marketing experience is the minimum requirement
- Experience in the CPG/ FCMG, Consumer Healthcare, or pharmaceutical industry
- Digital Marketing Experience
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MBA (preferred for some roles)
- Marketing experience in CPG/ OTC industry
- Experience with identifying, evaluating and developing new product opportunities.
- Exceptional communication (verbal & written) and influencing skills
- Ability to build strong cross functional working relationships
- Demonstrated analytical ability to understand and report data to drive business decisions
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top