Site Name: Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur
Posted Date: Feb 7 2020
Are you passionate about Marketing whilst wanting to make a difference in people lives? Do you wish to build a Marketing career with a purpose? We have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Manager to join our innovative and consumer focused marketing team to support our successful Consumer Health business.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 160 markets and a global network of manufacturing sites in multiple countries. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer.
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
You will be the Marketing for the activation and execution of brand strategies, roll out NPDs, promotion calendar and media to drive sustainable brand consumption and sales growth for local market.
WHAT WILL BE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Accountable for accelerated share, sales and profit growth for assigned brand portfolio over 3>1 plan in the market.
- Execute and amplify winning Market Activation Plans (MAPs) in the context of the consumer, shopper, expert, trade and competitive set. Output clear local activation calendars to be deployed to attain growth priorities in sales and shares.
- Identify investment priorities and manage A&P (working media and P-line) with appropriate mix between advertising and in-store efforts in collaboration with sales channel and category management.
- Execute in-market new product launches brilliantly leveraging Area launch models with local adaptation were needed.
- Define and deliver winning expert activation programme to strengthen "expert recommended" differentiation for relevant brands.
- Activate and consistently deploy winning claims working closely with area, regulatory, medical and activation teams.
- Ensure the Brand Heart is brought to life and consistently activated across all touch points to build long term brand equity.
- Win in digital locally through driving local digital insights and delivering locally relevant digital campaigns.
- Build strong agency partnerships at LOC to deliver world class activation.
- Actively contribute to global innovation scoping and forecasting process across PMB cycle to ensure launch targets are realistic and delivered. Drive innovation planning, sequencing, implementation planning, tracking and learning.
We look for people who appreciate the importance of being #patientfocus and strive to continuously improve our performance and practices. We work in an open and transparent environment so you'll be someone who treats others with respect and integrity - as you will be treated yourself.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with:
- University degree preferably business or marketing
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience within FMCGs
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects with successful outcomes.
- Ability to lead within a matrix organization, integrating complex multi-functional efforts crossing multiple business areas
- Experience of leading successful innovation launches in market
- Experience in implementing of brand plans and execution plans
- Experience in brand architecture, setting brand/variant roles & priorities and building portfolio
- Ability to lead and inspire
- Knowledge of consumer marketing, including digital.
- Financial acumen
- Experience of NPD process
- Analytical skills will be used to ensure global and regional brand strategies are tailored to the LOC market situation (e.g. execute MAP at LOC)
- Marketing and financial skills are critical to drive performance and have informed discussions with key stakeholders (e.g. investment allocations, ROI)
- Role requires strong understanding of marketing, shopper and expert marketing, sales and finance to drive brand performance
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, etc. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply online.
To find out more about the GSK Finance Hub in Malaysia and the career opportunities we can offer, follow the below link: [insert link to landing page] (Optional; to link to Landing Page, relevant articles, etc - promote)
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top