Marketing Director, Global Oncology, Zejula
Site Name: Switzerland - Zug, UK - London - Brentford, USA - Massachusetts - Waltham, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Feb 21 2020
Being part of Oncology at GSK is being part of something special. The focus of the organization couldn't be clearer - we are fueled by a personal passion to give our patients and our customers MORE.More of ourselves, more to fight for and more moments that matter!Cancer continues to be a core area of intensive focus at GSK, and while much progress has been made in the past few years, more can be done to REDEFINE EXPECTATIONS in cancer care.
Are you looking to play a critical role in supporting the launch and marketing strategies for a Global Oncology team? If so, than this Marketing Director role on our Global Oncology commercial team may be the role for you.
As a Marketing Director you will be responsible for the refinement and implementation of brand plans for our PARP inhibitor ZEJULA (niraparib) in ovarian cancer. Key areas of emphasis for this role include: HCP strategy and tactics, HCP promotion, HCP non-personal promotion (e.g., digital and paid media, targeted and event-based promotion, and Oncology nurse educator programs), and patient marketing. This position will require outstanding leadership in many areas, including scientific leader engagement, advisory board planning, exhibit and conventions, relationship building, and cross-functional collaboration.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. Responsibilities include some of the following:
- Facilitate development and execution of promotional plan and programs for Zejula, ensuring consistency with our strategic launch plan
- Participate in the annual brand / operating plan process by shaping the tactical plan and budget required to achieve the brand's stated objectives
- Cultivate relationships with customers, develop deep market insights, and customize commercial strategies across various customer segments
- Provide strategic leadership and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and agency/vendor partners to identify and implement market analyses, competitive benchmarking, and other key analyses to inform marketing tactics and programs
- Lead identification, development, and execution of key HCP stakeholder initiatives, including advisory board meetings with external experts, HCP and patient engagement, and other key brand initiatives
- Manage partner agency relationships, workflow, and related expense budgets
- Partner cross-functionally and with external partners to define KPIs and analyze performance of key commercial programs on an ongoing basis
- Partner with regulatory, medical, compliance and legal through the development and approval phases of to ensure all materials are held to the highest standards
- Contribute to a culture of "One Team", driving organizational continuity and alignment across local operating companies (LOCs) and the Oncology franchise in a rapid-paced and agile way
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or science
- Prior in-line marketing experience, including launch experience
- Recent and relevant Oncology marketing experience
- Demonstrated pharmaceutical experience with experience in HCP and/or patient marketing
- Well versed in core product marketing principles and campaign execution
- Demonstrated ability to drive insights from analytics and create innovative customer-focused programs
- Demonstrated strength in oral / written communications and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Ability to manage complex, multi-disciplinary projects
- Comfort operating in a highly regulated environment and industry
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Post Graduate Degree.
- Ability to utilize insights from key customers - patients, payers, providers - to drive key marketing decisions and forecasts.
- Experience leveraging organizational channels and influencing skills to facilitate successful project.
- Global marketing and product launch experience preferred
- Prior experience working in women's cancer market
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top