- Missoula, MT
Site Name: USA - Montana - Hamilton
Posted Date: Mar 13 2020
Manufacturing Technician As a Manufacturing Technician you will be perform duties as assigned with respect to quality, timeliness, quantity and cost. Work individually and as a team to deliver cGMP compliant product. Adhere to GSK policies, procedures and support site goals. Complete documentation in line with regulatory, GSK, and departmental requirements. Work and communicate closely with other departments both inside and outside of the Value Stream.
- Responsible for application of GSK safety and environmental guidelines and act as a role model within the department. Ensure all job responsibilities are in compliance with applicable regulations, current operating procedures and industry practice. Identify and help mitigate EHS and safety risks. Hazardous waste training depending on specific requirements of VS department.
- Ensure all activities are executed following quality and regulatory standards. Supports cross-functional communication and the GSK quality mindset by proactively identifying and reporting compliance issues to area supervisor or QA. Work with supervisor and QA to mitigate identified issues.
- Participate in and support continuous improvement, and LEAN initiatives. Recognize technical issues and relay to supervisor.
- Represent GSK with the highest level of integrity and professionalism. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information. Adhere to GSK policies and procedures and support management decisions and goals in a professional manner. Show awareness of changing schedules, request and priorities put forth by management.
- The following GSK values and expectations are key behavioral characteristics for this role: Patient Focus, Transparency, Respect, and Integrity, Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving/taking information in person, in writing, or over the phone. Understanding of Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook).
- Understanding of weights and volume measures.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Bachelor's degree or
- Some post-secondary education (including math, science, or technical writing)
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time management, problem prevention, and problem-solving skills.
Other Job-Related Skills/Background
- -Perform manufacturing/cleaning/sampling/processing steps in coordination with other manufacturing/QA/QC personnel
- -Handling of hazardous waste from production activities to satellite storage areas. Annual training on area-specific hazardous waste handling as required. This training satisfies annual RCRA training requirement for large quantity generators and is part of the site's RCRA compliance program.
- -Maintain and review training forms and files
- -Participate in RCA for EHS incident and deviations
- -Participate in presenting and maintaining site in a state of inspection readiness
- -Responsible for participation in CAPA tasks both safety and quality related
- -Perform duties as per written procedures and maintain strict adherence to those procedures
- -Ask for assistance and do not perform duties without appropriate training
- -Attend all mandatory training and take a positive approach to compliance
- -Work both independently and in a team environment
- -Adapt to changing schedules, priorities, and requests from supervisor
- -Escalate issues and concerns (safety, quality, production) to supervisor
- -Other duties as assigned by supervisor
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
v Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
v Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
v Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
v Sustaining energy and well-being
v Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
v Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top