Manufacturing Technician - 2nd Shift M-F - $2000 New Hire Sign-on Bonus
- Carlisle, PA
Site Name: Carlisle Allen Road
Posted Date: Dec 23 2020
Hours: 3pm -10:30pm
As a Manufacturing Technician you will be working in a manufacturing environment (with other individuals) running a specialized packaging machine. These activities involve setting-up, operating, cleaning, and troubleshooting each component on the packaging machine in an efficient manner as needed to meet the production schedule. A thorough understanding of the equipment and each job function within the work center along with the ability to troubleshoot minor problems is essential. Strong mechanical skills along with a sense of urgency and understanding of customer service are required.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Set-up and operate packaging equipment in accordance with established procedures.
- Makes adjustments to machine settings to complete manufacturing jobs accurately and efficiently.
- Maintains and cleans equipment as dictated by internal procedures and system recommendations.
- Disassemble/assemble machine for appropriate format changes.
- Assists in troubleshooting routine equipment issues.
- Perform weekly required wet-cleans.
- Perform routine quality checks to ensure that goods produced meet or exceed corporate quality standards.
- Perform all necessary documentation including: batch record material usage, cleaning forms, work orders, etc.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Work with a sense of urgency to ensure that production lines run efficiently while minimizing downtime.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), sanitation procedures and general housekeeping as well as all safety practices and procedures.
- Production Area Cleanliness. Ensure appropriate cleans are performed and cleanliness maintained at all times.
- Lead quick and efficient changeovers to minimize machine down time
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Production Supervisor.
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 0 + years experience working in a manufacturing environment
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- College/Trade school credits or Associate's Degree
- Knowledge and understanding of GMP's and Food Sanitation in a food or dietary supplement manufacturing plant with blending experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate effectively with both supervisors and co-workers
- Ability to accurately calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top