Manufacturing Operator - 3rd Shift M-F - $2000 New Hire Sign-on Bonus
- Carlisle, PA
Site Name: Carlisle Allen Road
Posted Date: Sep 10 2020
As a Manufacturing Operator you will work in a controlled environment and manually add raw ingredients into a blender or weigh raw material. This activity involves verifying and sorting weighed ingredients, assembling/disassembling a sifter, operating pallet jack scales, loading weighed material, operating blending and related equipment and cleaning in an efficient manner as needed to meet the production schedule. The work involves lifting up to 50 lb. containers on a regular basis and moving pallets of material with a hand truck. A thorough understanding of each job function within the work center is essential. Strong math skills along with a sense of urgency and the ability to work unsupervised are required.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Follow work instructions and a batch record to verify all the raw ingredients are present before beginning the weighing process
- Accurately weigh each raw ingredient as specified in the batch record. The weighing process will normally be performed using computer aided software but may be performed manually
- Maintain acceptable attendance
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment to prevent cross contamination
- Maintains and cleans equipment as dictated by internal procedures and system recommendations
- Perform all necessary documentation including: required batch record entries, cleaning forms, room logs, work orders, etc
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), sanitation procedures and general housekeeping as well as all safety practices and procedures
- Production Area Cleanliness. Ensure appropriate cleans are performed which will include mopping floors, cleaning walls, sanitizing tools and equipment and operating various cleaning equipment
- Lead quick and efficient changeovers to minimize room down time
- Communicate effectively up and down the Chain of Command
- Perform any other duties assigned by the production supervisor
- Verify label information and load raw ingredient into a blender in the order specified in the batch record
- Assemble/disassemble sifter as required
- Discharge finished powder into totes
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 0-1 years experience working in a manufacturing environment
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Knowledge and understanding of GMP's and Food Sanitation in a food or dietary supplement manufacturing plant with blending experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate effectively with both supervisors and co-workers
- Ability to accurately calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
GSK offers a very competitive starting salary rate of pay with shift differential incentive for 2nd and 3rd shift PLUS each year, you have the opportunity to receive a bonus based on the achievement business measures.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top