Manufacturing Material Handler
- St. Louis, MO
Site Name: USA - Missouri - St. Louis
Posted Date: Oct 26 2020
Manufacturing Material Handler
36 hour work week
Fri, Sat, Sun 6:00 PM to 6:30 AM
The purpose of the manufacturing material handler is to support the manufacturing and packaging departments primarily through transportation of raw materials and tableted product. The manufacturing material handler also supports manufacturing through filling blending dumps stations, pre-weigh intermediate containers, and screening of stearate products, as well as other duties as assigned.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Ensure quality and compliance in accordance with established procedures and standards of the Quality System.
- Comply with and support the GSK Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Locate finished tablets bins and correctly stage and issue bins as needed to support packaging department. Locate and transport raw materials to floors as needed. Collect, transport, and cleanout empty bins. Support the removal of trash and waste on an as needed basis. Fill blending dump stations as required. Fill preweigh intermediate bulk containers as required.
- Operate work savers and standup/sit down lift trucks. Utilize man lifts.
- Follow the daily production schedule. Use PRISM for raw material information and, bin inventory report.
- Report all safety accidents, near misses, property damage and hazards immediately. Act as an advocate of the EHS program. Execute quarterly safety audits when instructed.
- Proactively support all associates on use of elevators, fork trucks and all use of material handling equipment. Become a trainer on material handling equipment and train associates.
- Support line performance, working closely with team associates for achievement of line standards. Assist line changeovers, which include cleaning, disassembly, and re-assembly of line equipment, parts storage, bin washing and equipment movement.
- Perform preventive maintenance in order to sustain department performance and housekeeping standards. Perform housekeeping work orders as directed.
- Complete all documentation monitoring Right First Time results and related Key Performance Indicators
- Work as a High Performance Team member supporting all aspects of team performance. Work on Cross Functional Teams as required.
- Comply with all operational safety, process safety, environmental permits, Quality policies, procedures and training requirements.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 1 - 5 years experience in a production environment
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Technical Degree
- Ability to operate computer applications
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work and succeed in a team environment
- Ability to lift 5-25 lbs. frequently and occasionally lift drums, bags and cases weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills
- Team oriented and flexible, able to adapt to changing assignments
- Highly motivated and self-driven with a desire to continuously improve own skill set. Able to function productively with minimal supervision.
- Good organizational skills and interest in project management
- Detail oriented
- Ability to operate work saver and stand up sit down fork truck
- Ability to operate computer applications preferred
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top