Site Name: Belgium-Wavre
Posted Date: Mar 9 2021
As a Quality Control Direct Manager, you will supervise daily a team of Quality Control Laboratory Technicians in a multiple products environment and be an expert in his field.
- Guarantee results delivery according to standard lead-time with compliance regarding quality and EHS requirements, and in alignment with QA partner.
- Be accountable for capacity risk assessments (people/equipment/change control) and will propose solutions/mitigations with other QC partners (ex: infrastructure, lab support, ...) or proactively escalate blocking points.
- Be responsible for managing change (organization, capacity, process, mindset, within his/her team) is a key success factor (ex: implementation of digital solutions, lean-lab, automation, Troubleshooting
- Contribute to the scientific and technical assay strategy, design and optimization in agreement with pharmacopeia, CAP and GMP requirements
- Support root cause analyzes and troubleshooting activities and innovative Technologies
- Could coordinate testing activities for the QC department in agreement to GMP requirements
- Motivate and encourage a team of Technicians to achieve maximum productivity with good management of priorities and team well-being.
- Provide technical support to your direct reports.
- Organize and monitor the performance progress efficiency of the team through performance indicators related to Safety, Quality, Supply, Cost for example.
- Escalate proactively risks & problems and propose solutions.
- Ensure compliance of the operations with GMP and Authorities requirements in collaboration with QA.
- Develop your team and act as a coach for them.
- Anticipate potential improvements, implementation of corrective and preventive actions. You will also be responsible to drive continuous improvement in the team.
- Fulfill the role of a subject matter expert for assays, set up and oversight assays required to release GSK Vaccines. Develop technology and scientific expertise of the platform through participation to scientific meetings and congresses. Provide scientific coaching/training to other scientists and supervisors.
- Provide support for the development and/or review of internal and external publications, technical documents and communications.
- Be the technical reference for scientific and technical activities (internal and external): - internal activities related to assay development and validation, assay maintenance and testing performed under its responsibility.
- Participate to the follow up of collaborations with other teams/experts to share/gain scientific and technical expertise and for technology transfer within and outside GSK Vaccines
- Participate to QC knowledge management in the field of expertise.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- You hold a Scientific University Deree or equivalent scientific background.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge in the domain of laboratory activity (eg. Biochemistry, Virology,...)
- You have proven experience of leading and managing a lab team.
- You have at least 10 years of professional experience including at least 8 years of relevant experience preferably within R&D, GIO/Q or similar roles in Pharma industry.
- You have a strong knowledge of international regulatory requirements that apply to vaccines (and beyond to manufacturing) and in depth knowledge of cGMP.
- You are a strong collaborator with ability to influence, to work in project teams in a multidisciplinary environment and a matrix organization and to work effectively across boundaries
- You have the ability to develop a strong vision, and set direction in this domain, while being inspiring, and having a positive and optimistic attitude in managing day-to-day activities.
- Relevant experience in change management, project management and lean management could be an advantage.
- You are bi-lingual French/English, written competencies in English
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Good communication skills
- Hands-on mentality
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
GSK Vaccines - Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com .
Quality Belgium manage s all product quality related activities in industrial operations in Belgium, including regulatory compliance. The scope covers any action that potentially impacts final product quality. Quality Belgium is also responsible for the quality control and the release of final products made in Belgium.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
We provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attrac t and to retain the very best.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.