Manager Public Affairs & External Communications
- Utrecht, Netherlands
Site Name: Netherlands - Zeist
Posted Date: Mar 2 2020
Manager Public Affairs & External Communications
As Manager Public Affairs & External Communications, you are accountable to establish and maintain constructive collaboration between GSK and (non-conventional) external key stakeholders in order to enhance GSK's visibility and reputation, in line with strategic GSK business priorities.
Within the Corporate Affairs department, this role is accountable for the development of strategic public affairs (PA) and communication activities in alignment with the strategic Corporate and commercial priorities. Furthermore, this also involves support and advise to departments on how to engage with external stakeholders in order to guarantee impact in the external environment in line with GSK business goals.
This role will work in close collaboration with the Director Corporate Affairs with limited PA and communication support from selected external agencies.
Understanding of the health care environment
- Monitor and understand the (health care) environment in terms of structures, legislation, processes, upcoming changes relevant for GSK;
- Analyze obtained health care environment information and evaluate the opportunities and risks for GSK. Identify key market environmental, policy and political trends important for internal and external customers. Propose and execute measures for their prevention or management with the goal of maximizing GSK product value;
- Communicate relevant information and its estimated business impact to the appropriate GSK functions and brand teams
Health policy development and positioning
- Indentify, review, interpret and evaluate environmental trends;
- Propose and develop, evaluate and support GSK positions in order to provide input to environmental as well as health policy developments;
- Develop and contribute to strategic PA and communication activities in line with Corporate and integrated business plans.
Engagement with policy-makers
- Develop partnerships and maintain regular contacts with policy makers and their influencers in order to understand their particular needs, policies and processes;
- Represent GSK in trade associations and industry platforms and contribute to their advocacy work;
- Identify mutual interests and establish the dialogue focused on relevant policy agenda items;
- Monitor policy makers, legislative environment and debated changes and act proactively at relevant levels;
- Maintain a functional network of collaborators, advisors and partners;
- Advise on and develop advocacy plans for GSK on priority policy issues in collaboration with Dutch multifunctional teams as well as the development of deliverables (e.g. position papers).
- Develop partnerships and regular contacts with stakeholder organizations (e.g. patient organizations, lung alliance Netherlands, ...) in order to understand their particular needs and perspectives;
- Identify mutual interests, plan and execute focused advocacy initiatives with mutual benefits for relevant stakeholders and GSK;
- Contactperson for Public Affairs Europe (e.g. EPAN/EGAN) and Global.
- High-level (social) media-monitoring;
- Development and implementation of external (corporate) communication strategy in line with local and Global policy and aligned with internal communication plan and activities including;
- Responsible for nl.gsk.com content;
- Coordinate briefing and advise of Corporate Affairs Director, General Manager and other local leader on certain themes for external communication purposes (e.g. corporate presentations, interviews, ...);
- Development of qualitative good Corporate materials for external use
Media and press relations
- Coordination of media & press relations GSK Netherlands;
- Contactperson Corporate Communications Europe and Global.
Issue and crisis management
- Coordination of internal and external communication around issues and crises situations. This in close collaboration with relevant functions depending on the specific issue or situation;
- Coordination and development of statements, key messages and Q&A's;
- First contact person external stakeholders including media & press.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Senior level stakeholder management experience
- relevant network and pharmaceutical/health care knowledge and expertise
- 5+ years' experience in the pharmaceutical industry or public affairs.
- Fluent in Dutch and English
If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:
- People oriented
- Strategic & analytical
- Networking skills
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Facilitation & Project Management skills
- Proactive and self-reliant
- "Can-do" mentality
- Flexible, creative ability & improvisation talent
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
GSK Pharmaceuticals -Our Pharmaceuticals business offers a unique portfolio of medicines, including a broad range of innovative and established brands. Both globally and in Belgium, we are currently primarily focused on developing new medicines in the respiratory, HIV/infectious diseases, oncology and immuno-inflammation areas, while also continuously exploring other fields through discovery research. Working in our BeNeLux branch, you would be joining a driven team of over 200 people that is also well embedded within GSK's global network. For further information, please visit www.gsk.com .
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
We provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top