Site Name: Belgium-Wavre
Posted Date: Nov 26 2020
Due to the capacity increase, the Filling department is looking for a Logistics Manager to ensure the logistics activities linked with those new capacity ambitions.
The purpose of this position is to ensure logistics activities and their continuous optimization within the filling department. The role of Logistics is to ensure the preparation and supply of material for 5 filling lines, including cleaning, sterilization, preparation of sterile material, and classified room Environment Monitoring (EM).
- Night shift i.e. 10 PM to 6 AM (22h/6h)
In this role you,
- Manage a team of Technicians and Operators
- Co-ordinate manpower targets, resources and skills
- Evaluate capacities (employees and machines) necessary to the completion of the production plan
- May be involved in the coordination of supply and demand
- Supervise / manage day to day vaccines logistics operations in a multiple products environment
- Apply the recommended processes and anticipate potential improvements of the current processes while assuring compliance
- Ensure compliance of the operations with cGMP and Authorities requirements. Monitor quality of the production in close collaboration with QA /QC and take corrective actions when necessary
- Represent your activities on external audits
- Organize and monitor performance through Key Performance Indicators related to EHS, Quality, Supply, Cost and People with the GPS system
- Provide technical support to direct reports (direct reports approx. 16, Operators & Technicians)
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor degree level in Sciences or Bioengineering
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the vaccine production and/or in the Pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of cGMP
- Proven successful experience in people management direct or indirect
- Drive performance
- Set direction & inspire
- Work across boundaries
- Fluent in French both spoken & written (must-have), with a very good command of English.
If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:
- Master's degree (University degree) level in Bioengineering or Sciences
- Innovation: interested in digital technologies
- Change & transform
- Positive mindset
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
GIO - Global Industrial Operations :
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So, it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions. The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialization (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK Vaccines - Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
We provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.