Manager Middle Office
Site Name: UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Nov 11 2019
We are looking for a Middle Office Manager to join our brand- new team within Treasury. In this role you will have responsibilities to lead and manage the Risk Management and Governance functions for Treasury, with particular focus and responsibility for risk controls and compliance.
This is a fantastic opportunity to move into a global role and join GSK in an exciting period of transformation. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to shape and grow this role. If this sounds like the challenge you looking for then we want to hear from YOU!
- Ensure that Treasury's current processes are reviewed and have the appropriate controls in place to safeguard Treasury operations and ensure compliance with Treasury and Group policies and external legislations, such as SOx
- Monitor the regulatory changes likely to be imposed on financial institutions and ensure the impact to Treasury's functions are promptly assessed
- Manage, implement and monitor all risk management activities to ensure adherence to the approved Group procedures (contained within the Finance Manual) and TMG (Treasury Management Group) or Board approved mandates and authorities
- To add value to existing reports and develop reports that facilitates the Middle Office function with its risk and compliance monitoring responsibilities in line with GSK's governance framework
- Manage the production of daily/weekly/monthly reports to monitor the trading and execution activities by Front Office to ensure that they are trading within their mandated limits
- Ensure appropriate financial controls are in place to mitigate any risk breaches
- Understanding of key accounting standards under IFRS, in particular when reviewing transaction mandates from Front Office
- Identifying improvements and new initiatives that improves Treasury's environment
- Liaise with External Audit to obtain sign off for the statutory obligations for GSK Finance Plc
- Manage and develop individuals with a continued commitment in providing and maintaining a robust training and development process
- Provide direction through mentoring to ensure that reporting commitments and project deliverables are fulfilled
- Monitor relevant direct and indirect cost results to ensure correct cost allocations and advise the Group Treasurer on a variance analysis of consolidated Treasury budgets
- Liaise with Internal Audit ensure that Treasury's SOx obligations are managed within the approved annual governance calendar set by the Group
- A university degree, qualified in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent experience in the field
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CFA, CA or CPA) with relevant practical experience
- Deep understanding of treasury governance, systems and processes
- Experience in middle office/back office function
- High levels of learning agility
- You will be a self-starter, used to working under own initiative
- Strong communication and stakeholder management capabilities
- Prior experience in a line management role
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
We're open to all talent - whatever your gender, disability, marital status, religion or belief, age, race, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin.
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email email@example.com
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is voluntary. This will be used to help us understand how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information, it is not used in any part of the selection process and we will treat your information confidentially and use it anonymously.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top