Manager, Medical Unmet Needs Reporting & KPI Analytics
Site Name: USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
Posted Date: Jan 22 2020
Manager, Medical Unmet Needs Reporting & KPI Analytics
In GSK Medical Affairs, we focus on communicating the science behind our diseases and medicines to help patients, clinicians and healthcare systems make better informed decisions that beneficially impact patients' lives. Patients are at the center of everything that we do, and our objective is to ensure our patients are optimally treated in complex and specialty conditions. To be competitive and deliver the most value, we need to move faster and with more agility and ground all of our decisions in data and insights.
The Medical Analytics team you would be joining is a growing team within Medical Affairs. Leaders of the team each have, on average, 15 years of insights/analytics experience from different areas of Pharma and/or across other industries and are bringing this expertise to the table to help build a new foundational capability for GSK Medical Affairs. Join us on the journey!
The purpose of the Manager, Medical Unmet Needs Reporting and KPI Analytics is to be a trusted partner to the business recommending critical measurement reporting and key tracking/monitoring indicators aligned with TA priority strategies as well as Medical unmet needs execution and focus.
The individual in this role will actively collaborate across the Medical Matrix with specific partnership with TA leaders, Medical Field Leaders, Medical Engagement specialists, Medical Information, Commercial partners (as appropriate), etc. They will coordinate with Global Medical for input and alignment into executive summaries with US specific KPIs for unmet needs.
- Proactively gather data from various sources (including de-identified patient level data and defined medical unmet need states) and analyse it to develop KPIs aligned with specific, prioritized strategic business questions and execution checks by TA
- Recommend measures/metrics to monitor aligned with tactical plan execution/implementation and track measured progress in closing unmet need gaps. Deliver, streamline, and own all unmet needs monitoring and reporting as well as execution reports for actions and decisions
- Monitor and analyse KPIs by channel for engagement strategy adjustments and incorporate specific topics of interest and sentiment identified via text analytics from medical voice of customer, medical inquiries, and social media as appropriate.
- Develop effective, simple, information-rich reporting/monitoring views with timely refinements for TA stakeholder usage. Demonstrate discipline and decommission reporting no longer used for strategic discussions or decisions.
- Build AI tools that automate processes for close to real-time updates for timely, data-driven decision making; integrate predictive indicators to anticipate opportunities and needs.
- Use advanced analytics and statistical methods, to recommend thresholds to monitor as well as trigger-based events for timely attention/action in close collaboration with the TAs.
- Develop analytics summaries to highlight key segments/geographies under or over performing with associated diagnostics to understand variation for appropriate action.
- Research industry trends, methods and best practices, and evaluate external benchmarks. Ensure analytics excellence with attention to detail and quality check measures in place;
- Earn the trust of stakeholder partners to drive data-driven decisions through active engagement, analytics expertise, and demonstrated Medical business acumen; Continually enhance business knowledge and depth of knowledge around scientific concepts, strategies, and overall business (Medical, Commercial, and R&D) objectives for appropriate business context with analytic recommendations.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration and strong cross-matrix partnership as well as effective communication across varying levels of leadership (adjusting as appropriate); Translate technical concepts into easy to understand summaries and recommendations; Use effective storytelling skills, simple yet impactful visuals, and clear, simple written/verbal communication.
- BA/BS in applied quantitative sciences discipline (Business, Life Sciences, Applied Science, Analytics, Market Research, Healthcare Consulting) with strong business acumen
- 5+ years' experience (or 2+ years' experience with an advanced degree) applying analytics and statistical skills in a business setting (e.g. segmentation, predictive modelling, experimental design, clustering analysis, text analytics, and/or advanced decision tree modeling, etc.)
- Professional experience required in manipulating large, complex datasets and integrating/analysing disparate data sources to develop and recommend analytics measures for business decisions;
- 2+ years professional experience with analytics tools/languages (R, SAS, Python, etc.) and visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI, Spotfire, etc.);
- Experience and skills with advanced machine learning/AI tools and approaches preferred
- 2+ years of experience in life sciences/healthcare preferred
- Ability to understand and synthesize across multiple types of datasets
- Strong business acumen; Experience/understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the evolving and rapidly changing healthcare environment;
- Analytic curiosity to seek out and develop potential solutions and drive continuous improvement; motivated by challenging, complex problems; proven ability to interpret customer needs and develop appropriate solutions; strong negotiation and influence skills.
- Experience with SQL and in-database processing in a Teradata environment as well as working in a cloud based environment (such as Azure or AWS)
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, JMP, Qlikview, PowerBI, etc.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and under challenging timelines.
- Consulting experience preferred;
- Ability to effectively build relationships across teams with a track record of collaborative partnerships to develop a solution and influence recommendations; comfortable working with a broad range of stakeholders and teams.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top