Manager - Material Preparation Supervisor
The Pilot Plant is a multi-product unit dedicated to the production of GMP Vaccines for clinical trials. The multi-disciplinary team use various techniques for both Viral and/or Bacterial antigen production. The activities within this team are multiple: logistics, material preparation, media preparation, cell culture, fermentation, purification, QC In-Process, etc. Flexibility is a key requirement for the whole team to enable them to respond to frequent changes and diverse short-cycle production campaign changes (4-6 months/year). The work environment is dynamic with multiple contacts within and outside the Technical R&D department.
As the Manager - Material Preparation Supervisor you will work in a multi-product GMP building for clinical batch production.
- You will interact with production teams to prioritize logistics activities based on production planning.
- You will interact with production teams and Product and Process Experts (PPEs) to prepare material and schedule validation plans if necessary.
- You will supervise a team of +/- 2 Technicians and +/- 4 Blue Collar Operators.
- You will organize, plan and supervise the preparation of materials:
- Supervise the development of the material planning
- Ensure that all materials are available/ordered
- Ensure the preparation of the materials are in accordance with validated protocols (from decontamination to obtaining the desired status).
- Ensure that material preparation cycles are controlled.
- You will be responsible for the management of the supply/logistics of the platform:
- Supervise logistics operations outside of the production area (recovery of material leaving production areas), washing room & logistics (delivery of material to production areas).
- Ensure the centralization of orders and invoicing of raw materials and materials necessary for the activities.
- Ensure the conformity of any item entering the Pilot Plant.
- Ensure the follow-up of any orders with external suppliers.
- You will ensure compliance with cGMP in all activities (training, approval of production documentation and control of operations, environmental monitoring, validation,...).
- You will do deviation management and CAPA follow up.
- You will also be accountable for internal and external audits where you will present the SOPs, systems and GMP documentation related the various fields of activities, etc.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Master's degree in biotechnology/vaccine development (Engineer, Chemist,...) or equivalent.
- Knowledge of GMP is a must.
- Expertise in the management of material preparation (sonic bath, washing machine, assembly, wrapping, autoclave, ...), Environmental Monitoring, logistics.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- High flexibility and adaptation to change.
- Good team management.
- English & French are a must.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Team spirit.
- Autonomous in seeking information and making decisions.
Our values andexpectationsareat the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
GSK Vaccines- OurVaccinesbusiness has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com .
Our Department Patient-focusedResearch and Development (R&D)is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
We provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top