Manager, Commercial Analytics
- Research Triangle Park, NC
Site Name: USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park
Posted Date: Nov 12 2020
Are you energized by a highly visible role that allows you to shape insights, actions, and accelerate business decisions? Consider performing best-in-class commercial and marketing analytics within U.S. Pharma Commercial Insights!
This role requires strong data analytics foundations and experience, as well as familiarity with connecting analytics to business decisions. Success in this role requires strong partnership with several GSK functions including Marketing, Sales, BU leads, Commercial Data & Analytics, and Payer Marketing.
As a Commercial Analytics Manager, you will be responsible for driving faster, more confident & informed decision making through analytics leading to improved decision making and business performance.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Identify and implement appropriate customer segmentation and targeting strategies for all marketing and sales channels
- Proactively identify opportunities by leveraging various commercial analytics such as
- Physician, Account, and Patient Segmentations
- Patient Adherence, Persistence, and Annuity
- Brand Performance Analytics
- Adoption/Brand Loyalty
- Execute customer targeting and scenario planning for resourcing shifts to enable brand performance objectives
Continuously identify opportunities to:
- Bring outside-in thinking: What are other industries and pharma companies doing as a way of best practice understanding and development
- Increase efficiencies through process and analytics automation, as well as partnering with stakeholders to design and implementation of analytic ready datasets.
Why You? Basic Qualifications
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in related concentration
- 2+ years of professional experience in advanced marketing analytics, full-time employment in mid-large organizations, or in leading global management consulting firm
- Understanding of marketing fundamentals & analytics frameworks that can be applied to solve business problems
- Experience with analytical and data management tools (SAS, R, Python etc.)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's degree in related concentration
- 5+ years of professional experience in advanced analytics, full-time employment in mid-large organizations, or in leading global management consulting firm
- Extensive experience with manipulating different datasets & statistical modeling
- Strong communication and presentation skills as evidenced through impactful presentations
- Experience in multiple commercial analytics functions, such as experience with marketing mix analytics, customer segmentation, and investment optimization
Why GSK? Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top