Manager, Commercial Analytics
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park
Posted Date: Jan 22 2020
Execute Marketing Analytics within U.S. Pharma Commercial Insights for customer targeting and segmentation, patient data analytics, omni-channel segmentation, and BU performance analytics. This role requires strong data analytics experience and familiarity with connecting analytics to business decisions, as the incumbent will be interacting with several functions, including, BU leads, Forecasting, Commercial Data & Analytics, Payer/Trade, and Analytics Excellence.
- Proactively identify key opportunities to drive performance by leveraging various Marketing analytics like HCP, Account and Patient Segmentations, Patient Adherence, persistence and annuity, Brand Performance Analytics, Adoption/brand loyalty, Customer profiling to generate business insights and learnings, communicate customer and business insights and data findings, influence decision-making, and drive action to achieve business results
- Execute - process and methodology - Customer targeting, including customer segmentation models, omni-channel segments- and learnings/ implications of outcomes, and scenarios for resource shifts to meet or exceed plan for select brands
- Integrate data from other CI functions - Forecasting, Market Intelligence, Commercial Effectiveness analytics & provide actionable recommendations at a national & sub-national level
- Collaborate and partner effectively with various stakeholders across the enterprise, including CI, Marketing, Sales, Customer Experience, Finance, and Technology teams;
- Create succinct story boards to communicate data learnings influencing business decisions
- Partner with external agencies as needed and conduct analyses to inform business decisions and to translate insight into promotional strategy for the aligned BU.
- Continuously identify opportunities to:
- Bring outside-in thinking: What are other industries and pharma companies doing as a way of best practice understanding and development
- Increase efficiencies through process and analytics automation, as well as partnering with Commercial Data Strategy teams ensuring trusted data availability for standard and ad hoc marketing analytics
- Use SAS or similar analytics programming language, software or modeling tools to complete analyses including:
- Targeting for marketing
- Customer Segmentation
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors degree in Science (M.Sc) - incl. Computer Sciences and Operations Research, Statistics, or in Finance/ Economics (M. Econ.) or related
- 4+ years of professional experience in marketing analytics, full-time employment in mid-large organizations, or in leading global management consulting firm, with focus on Marketing and Customer Analytics, ideally in U.S. commercial pharma
- Understanding of marketing fundamentals & frameworks that can be applied to solve analytical problems
- Methodological hands-on mastery of relevant analytical approaches and models, including segmentations, clustering methods, promotional response, digital analytics
- Experience with analytical (SAS, R, Python etc.) & visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI etc.)
- Extensive experience with manipulating different datasets & statistical modeling
- Deep knowledge in and commercial analytics experience with at least two of the following therapeutic areas is preferred: Primary Care (particularly Respiratory), Specialty (Immunology, Oncology), Vaccines
- Strong communication and presentation skills as evidenced through impactful presentations
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top