Manager, Brand Payer & Access Marketing for Oncology
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - Massachusetts - Waltham
Posted Date: Oct 14 2019
Reporting to the Director of Payer Marketing, the Manager of Brand Payer & Access Marketing, Oncology is responsible for developing Payer & Access Marketing strategies for all payers, institutional, and trade customer segments (e.g. Managed Care, Medicaid, Medicare, long- term-care, health systems, medical centers, wholesalers, pharmacies, etc).
This manager is responsible for supporting consistent implementation of access and reimbursement strategies, identifying customer & competitive insights, and evolving the value proposition and supporting deliverables accordingly to ensure optimal impact and utility. The manager will work closely with multiple stakeholders including field-based teams, brand marketing teams, and medical teams.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Coordinate with the agency of record in developing and managing insights-based tactical plans across key customer segments to prioritize efforts that deliver business impact and utilize resources efficiently
- Manage the end-to-end development of customer facing and multichannel marketing promotional interventions for payers (includes account manager promotional materials, customer programs, e-tactics, journals, etc.) - from opportunity identification to training and implementation guides
- Develop access and reimbursement materials for field use including those related to hub, specialty pharmacy, buy and bill, etc.
- Partner with brand team and matrix stakeholders to identify brand-specific opportunities and ensure a clear understanding of the competitive access environment
- Support insights development including conducting primary market research to support payer marketing strategic and tactical planning
- Proactively monitor & synthesize syndicated market research and external issues impacting pharmaceutical delivery and reimbursement including industry trends, public policy, and the competitive landscape
- Support the evolution of the payer value proposition across payer segments including short-term delivery of in-market payer promotional tactics and long-term influencing of evidence generation planning
- Monitor external environment and ensure timely stakeholder (both home office and customer-facing) communications that clearly inform and offer strategic guidance where appropriate in response to competitive market events and changes
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3+ years' experience in healthcare marketing
- Understanding of healthcare / payer / access and reimbursement marketplace
- Experience in developing customer-facing materials using copy approval processes
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation), interpersonal influencing and prioritization skills required with proven ability to influence across matrixed organizations including influencing without authority
- Proven learning agility with a high level of motivation and a strong ability to find creative solutions to challenging, unstructured situations
- Proven ability to develop and maintain trusted relationships with internal partners and effectively work well in teams
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated analytical skills
- Experience with and understanding of healthcare marketing competences (i.e. segmentation, customer insight, positioning, marketing mix)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Recent and relevant payer marketing experience
- Recent and relevant experience in oncology marketplace
- Experience in developing payer and segment specific marketing insights and incorporating the payer into the brand/strategic planning process
- Understanding of access and reimbursement of specialty products, including hub support, specialty pharmacy, and working with Field Reimbursement teams
- Ability to combine data analysis with qualitative insights to identify and explain market access, brand and above-brand drivers of business performance
- Proven ability to operate independently and handle multiple projects with a high degree of initiative including project planning and prioritization of competing demands
- Basic understanding of corporate finance fundamentals (gross & net sales, P&L inputs, gross margin, COGs, working capital, etc.)
- Experience developing and managing promotional budgets
- Experience managing third-party vendors
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top