- Memphis, TN
Site Name: USA - Tennessee - Memphis
Posted Date: Sep 24 2020
This position will train on 1st shift and then will need to be available to work any shift once training is completed based on the needs of the company.
This role will give YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Lead technical expert for each shift taking direction from the Production Engineer or Maintenance Lead
- Primary contact for all engineering changes made to facilities, packaging and process equipment on shift
- Mentor and coach Production Mechanics and operators on best practice troubleshooting, maintenance and repair methods
- Drive Continuous Improvement and equipment modifications to drive efficiency and yields
- Comply with all local, state and federal EHS laws and regulations, and all GSK Global EHS requirements.
- Update and maintain the parts in the storeroom to ensure proper levels of parts are maintained while balancing against the budgeted amounts for the various areas.
- Assist in data entry requirements around the CMMS system.
- Assist the MRO Buyer in the procurement of parts for the site.
- Accept delivery and receive all maintenance materials/inventory/spare parts.
- Complete cycle counts as required.
- Help with labeling and storing parts.
- Investigate and research replacement and rebuild parts for all non-inventory maintenance, repairs, and operation parts, as needed, with vendors and others.
- Research MWOs (Maintenance Work Orders) and secure parts prior to work order execution
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- IT Skills required CMMS, Word/Excel
- Basic Electrical troubleshooting knowledge and experience
- Advanced Mechanical Troubleshooting experience and knowledge
- Basic fabrication and fitting experience
- 3-5 year's previous maintenance experience preferably in GMP environment
- Experience operating and maintain plant utility and facility equipment.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to coach and mentor others
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs for short distances
- Pass pulmonary function test -wear respirator if required
- Physical ability to access mezzanine levels, access roof through ladders and work at heights
- Maintain accurate documentation of work performed
- Proven commitment to safe ways of working
- Have a working knowledge of Preventative Maintenance methods
- Ability to handle high-stress, fast paced production environment
- Strong understanding of deliverable time lines and self directed in work methods
- Provide maintenance support as required outside of specific skilled area. This includes line work, processing needs, and facility requirements.
- Serve as leadership resource to all maintenance technicians and contactors regarding preventive maintenance, and ongoing equipment repair and maintenance.
- Initiates and works with maintenance lead and designees to develop and implement maintenance related improvements throughout the facility
- Mentor and tutor maintenance technicians on complex maintenance strategies, and support certification preparation.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top