Maintenance First Line Leader(FLL)
- Clayton, NC
Site Name: USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park, USA - North Carolina - Zebulon
Posted Date: Jan 6 2021
Are you looking for an opportunity to leverage your technical / maintenance leadership expertise in a fast paced manufacturing environment with a world class pharmaceutical company? If so, this Maintenance FLL (First Line Leader) opportunity at our Zebulon, NC site could be an ideal opportunity to explore. Zebulon is located 20-25 miles east of Raleigh.
In this role you will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to a multi-shift maintenance staff in support of pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging operations as part of a value stream functional unit. You will: work closely with engineering and production value stream managers and supervisors to deliver zero accidents, zero defects, and zero waste through participation in daily performance management and assignment of staff accountability; work closely with Engineering Supervisor in evaluation and resolution of equipment failures and /or reliability issues; and ensure employee and equipment safety is at the forefront of all activities, planned and unplanned.
This role will provide you the opportunity to lead key activities to progress your career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Supervise equipment maintenance in support of value stream production shift operations.
- Plan resources with Value Stream Engineering Manager.
- Supports the EHS Zero Accident Prevention Process (ZAP).
- Perform weekly Kronos employee time keeping to include approval and monitoring of overtime.
- Support GPS performance management via daily walk thoughts and performance accountability area meetings.
- Actively participate in the execution of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for production downtime over agreed targets.
- Ensure SAP Preventative Maintenance Plans are planned, delegated, and executed on time to prevent Y3 engineering deviations.
- Drive Continuous Improvement through weekly maintenance meetings focusing on failure rate analysis of weekly line performance. Coordinate Continuous Improvement projects with engineering supervisor.
- Performs / leads all duties in accordance with Zebulon Safety Procedures, cGMPs and is subject to the scrutiny of regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates the engineering technicians (ET) overall capability in new technologies and systems by 70/20/10 principles of GSK development framework .
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals :
- Two Year Degree in a science or engineering related discipline.
- 2 or more years experience leading a team of 5 - 10+ mechanical and electrical equipment maintenance technicians in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- 5 years Maintenance experience including troubleshooting mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Experience with and working knowledge of cGMPs and in a FDA or highly regulated industry.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Two Year Degree in a science or engineering discipline such as Mechanical, Electrical or Automation.
- Experience leading a team of 5 -10+ mechanical and electrical maintenance technicians specifically in a fast paced pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging operations environment.
- Good management skills to include a demonstrated talent for leading and collaborating with others.
- Ability to drive Continuous Improvements.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience troubleshooting instrumentation and controls.
- Technical expertise in P&ID nomenclature, instrumentation and electrical wiring diagrams.
- Proficient in SAP (work orders, history, maintenance plans).
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top