Machine Maintenance Mechanic
- Albany, NY
Site Name: USA - New York - Oak Hill
Posted Date: May 1 2020
Machine Maintenance Mechanic
Maintain production and facility equipment assets by performing routine preventative and predictive
maintenance. Troubleshoot and correct equipment breakdowns and failures.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Perform preventive maintenance, repairs, and overhauls on all equipment as required. Diagnose equipment problems and take corrective action to achieve optimum line efficiency. Recommend and implement equipment modifications to increase reliability.
- Independently set up, changeover, and repair filling equipment and packaging lines. Support operations in line changeovers, which include the disassembly and re-assembly of Packaging/Manufacturing related line equipment.
- Assist in the diagnosis of machine electronic controls, sensors, servers and drives.
- Understand other systems that impact line efficiency or operation (pumps, scales, etc.).
- Perform assigned preventative maintenance in order to sustain line performance and document all work preventative and breakdown related in CMMS system.
- Install new and repair existing equipment from written specifications such as blueprints, equipment manuals, engineering sketches, and verbal instruction.
- Complete paperwork in strict accordance with SOP and GMP requirements
- Follow site Safety policies and procedures including: LOTO, PTW, and Machine Guarding.
- Document all work performance via the work order system as directed. Report PM, Changeover, Downtime performance with supervision and recommend improvements. Review and make recommendations to improve maintenance plans for equipment.
- Participate in site improvement initiatives to include Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Breakdown Analysis. Ability to work with outside vendors to recommend component or equipment modifications.
- Required to work overtime to meet company or department needs and flexibility to change shifts as needed.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
High School diploma or equivalent required. Technical trade school certificate preferred
- 3-5 years experience troubleshooting and repairing High Speed automated, packaging equipment (Tube fillers, cartoners, overwrappers, case packers, palletizers, barcode and weight inspectors, and ink jet printer).
- Technical trade school certificate.
- Welding knowledge of Tig, Mig, Arc and Gas preferred
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Bachelors Degree
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top