Linux/Unix Senior Engineer
- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Oct 6 2020
Are you looking to expand your expertise in systems strategy in a global environment that allows you to keep pace with the speed of change?
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and we are proud to be leading a healthcare revolution. Our Core Tech team believes that technology can exponentially improve anything and our mission is to provide exceptional service for all sites and applications. Join us and help empower GSK through technology. At GSK, we are transforming how new technologies are used to improve performance across the organization.
The role is responsible for the design and/or implementation of technical solutions that will address the global needs across all GSK business units where successful design has strong financial implications for GSK. The purpose of the role is to design infrastructure computing solutions that meet the needs of the business, integrate with the existing GSK infrastructure, and align with the stated strategic direction of the server technology environment within GSK.This is a collaborative role, functioning as part of a multi-disciplined team, focusing on providing the lead for IT Hosting Solutions. The role is of a global nature, providing infrastructure solutions to multiple business units supporting over 100,000 users. This will include liaising with business units, industry peers andthird-partiesto gather requirements, benchmark, and assess needs for appropriate infrastructure solutions to be developed.
Implement new technologies to deliverless complex and more stable and automated solutionssatisfying application hosting requirements.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Design and maintain solutions that are cost effective, robust, and globally scalable.
- Work with global stakeholders to define technical deliverables based on customer business requirements and act as technical architect/design lead for infrastructure solutions.
- Ensure new solutions and services meet regulatory, risk, security requirement and industry best practices using benchmarking.
- Document solutions according to GSK standards. E.g.GxP, ITIL, ITMS.
- Support development of RFQ and RFP's to ensure supplier solutions align to GSK design standards.
- Act as GSK technical liaison when communicating with GSK IT vendors.
- Act as a subject matter expert in support of problem management.
- Influences enterprise-wide infrastructure computing standards
- Act as a subject matter expert in support of root cause analysis and elimination of service degradation or outage.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend alternatives in enterprise-wide solutions.
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- IT orbusiness relateddegree, or academic course without a degree.
- Experience inRedHat Linuxoperating system configuration andcustomization.
- Experience in virtual platforms like Nutanix and VMWaredocumentedwithvendor certification.
- Experience in Backup and Storage solutions used in GSK environment: Avamar,DataDomain, NetApparrays, Brocade switches, SAN/NAS concepts.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Technical understanding of network infrastructure andconfiguration.
- Understanding DevOps tools and ways of working
- Proficiency in Cloud concepts and services - Azure, GCP, confirmed with certificates.
- Pythonand AzureDevOps proficient knowledge.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top